Profile Picture

Serpentine Belt System for Y-Blocks

Posted By Red_John 9 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
General Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Turbocharged

Turbocharged (51 reputation)Turbocharged (51 reputation)Turbocharged (51 reputation)Turbocharged (51 reputation)Turbocharged (51 reputation)Turbocharged (51 reputation)Turbocharged (51 reputation)Turbocharged (51 reputation)Turbocharged (51 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 7 Years Ago

I spoke with Casey Burnett of March Performance yesterday at Good Guys car show in Fort Worth.  Casey told me that they received a Ford y-block engine about 3 weeks ago and are planning to offer a flat belt serpentine system for our favorite engine.  It will probably be two belt system since we don't have a reversible water pump.  I'm excited about this and plan to check in with Casey to see how the design and development is going. He gave me his card and said he would be happy to hear from those interested.  His email is caseyccma@yahoo.com.   It is the right time to contact the company if you have any input.  There was an article in the July 2014 issue of Custom Classic Trucks regarding their design of a new two belt system for big Ford engines. Its clean and fairly simple.  That magazine has been rolled in with another magazine in the Hot Rod group and may no longer be available.

Red_John
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Turbocharged

Turbocharged (51 reputation)Turbocharged (51 reputation)Turbocharged (51 reputation)Turbocharged (51 reputation)Turbocharged (51 reputation)Turbocharged (51 reputation)Turbocharged (51 reputation)Turbocharged (51 reputation)Turbocharged (51 reputation)

Last Active: 7 Years Ago
I checked with the March Performance folks at Good Guys Fall Show in Ft Worth re: their serpentine belt design for y-blocks.  I got this message back from the rep.

Mr. John Scoggan,

I spoke to you at the Dallas/Fort Worth Goodguys Show regarding our progress on the Ford Y block application.  Unfortunately, we are having some difficulty with the design, due to lack of mounting holes on the block and cylinder heads.  It is proving to be quite the challenge for our designer to come up with something functional, yet aesthetically appealing.  As of right now we do not have an E.T.A. on when the kit will be available.  We appreciate your patience, and understand if you cannot continue to wait on the kit.  Please continue to check our website periodically, as the kit will be up on our website as soon as it is completed.  Feel free to email me back any further questions.

Thank You,
Elijah Spurlin, ext. 103
Mon-Fri 9-5:30pm Eastern Std. Time
ph  1-888-729-9070 or 239-593-4074
fax 239-593-4564

NOTE: We receive MANY email messages daily.  Please include all previous correspondence in your reply, otherwise it may delay or prevent us from assisting you.

62bigwindow
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (2.1K reputation)Supercharged (2.1K reputation)Supercharged (2.1K reputation)Supercharged (2.1K reputation)Supercharged (2.1K reputation)Supercharged (2.1K reputation)Supercharged (2.1K reputation)Supercharged (2.1K reputation)Supercharged (2.1K reputation)

Last Active: 2 Months Ago
Thanks for the update.

Durham Missouri

Reading This Topic

Site Meter