Profile Picture

Which street legal drag radials do y'all like?

Posted By charliemccraney 9 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)

Group: Moderators
Last Active: 11 minutes ago
Which street legal drag radials do y'all like?

Lawrenceville, GA
pegleg
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (4.3K reputation)Supercharged (4.3K reputation)Supercharged (4.3K reputation)Supercharged (4.3K reputation)Supercharged (4.3K reputation)Supercharged (4.3K reputation)Supercharged (4.3K reputation)Supercharged (4.3K reputation)Supercharged (4.3K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 2 Years Ago
I used to like the BFG's, but they quit making sizes I like. I don't think you'll go wrong with any of the top three, Mickey's Hoosiers or the Jap brand whose name escapes me at the moment. Some of the 5.0 guys are going 9's on the 275/60-15's !!

Frank/Rebop

Bristol, In ( by Elkhart) 

charliemccraney
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)

pegleg (2/21/2015)
..or the Jap brand whose name escapes me at the moment...

Nitto?

Lawrenceville, GA
Vic Correnti
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (699 reputation)Supercharged (699 reputation)Supercharged (699 reputation)Supercharged (699 reputation)Supercharged (699 reputation)Supercharged (699 reputation)Supercharged (699 reputation)Supercharged (699 reputation)Supercharged (699 reputation)

Last Active: 2 days ago
Isn't your truck a stick? I have heard the the radials are not the best for a stick car because they don't recover if they spin.

http://forums.y-blocksforever.com/uploads/images/7393d096-cbf0-4ed0-bfdc-c4b0.jpg  Vic Correnti

charliemccraney
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

It is a stick.  It looks like there are street legal bias tires, if that is a problem.  It just makes thing a little more complicated since I'll then need front tires as well.  One thing is certain, normal street radials are crap for traction.  If I can get a little better bite than standard street radials, that would be great.  I'm not going super fast, yet.

Locally, I want to be able to drive to the track.  Something like Columbus, I'll have to carry them with me and 2 take up less room than 4.

Lawrenceville, GA
Joe-JDC
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (1.8K reputation)Supercharged (1.8K reputation)Supercharged (1.8K reputation)Supercharged (1.8K reputation)Supercharged (1.8K reputation)Supercharged (1.8K reputation)Supercharged (1.8K reputation)Supercharged (1.8K reputation)Supercharged (1.8K reputation)

Last Active: 4 hours ago
Nitto NT555HR drag radials 275-50-15, or other sizes for 16", 17", 18" rims.  Not cheap, but they work on the street or strip if the air pressure is correct.  Same with any drag radial, the vehicle weight determines what pressure to run for maximum traction.    I found the BFG drag radials to get hard quickly, and not work well after a couple of thousand miles.  Joe-JDC

JDC
pegleg
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (4.3K reputation)Supercharged (4.3K reputation)Supercharged (4.3K reputation)Supercharged (4.3K reputation)Supercharged (4.3K reputation)Supercharged (4.3K reputation)Supercharged (4.3K reputation)Supercharged (4.3K reputation)Supercharged (4.3K reputation)

Last Active: 2 Years Ago
charliemccraney (2/21/2015)
[quote]pegleg (2/21/2015)
..or the Jap brand whose name escapes me at the moment...

Nitto?   Yeah, that's the one. My truck, with a 4 link easily went high 11's with a 1.70 60 foot. 275/60-15 BFG's. Same 60 as the Hoosier Hurricane on HUGE slicks, that was with an AOD and 9" converter that was still streetable. In your case the'd work but you may want to consider a Kevlar clutch disc with that and 31 spline axles.

Frank/Rebop

Bristol, In ( by Elkhart) 

Reading This Topic

Site Meter