Profile Picture

Body Measurements

Posted By brassspike 9 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
Question Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Hitting on all eight cylinders

Hitting on all eight cylinders (9 reputation)Hitting on all eight cylinders (9 reputation)Hitting on all eight cylinders (9 reputation)Hitting on all eight cylinders (9 reputation)Hitting on all eight cylinders (9 reputation)Hitting on all eight cylinders (9 reputation)Hitting on all eight cylinders (9 reputation)Hitting on all eight cylinders (9 reputation)Hitting on all eight cylinders (9 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 8 Years Ago

Nope, not that kind of body! :-)
I have a '55 Customeline that I have replaced a bunch of the body panels on. I'm working on the rough body work now. I am having problems with the front of the rear lower quarters. When the panels are pulled to the inner rockers (which are replaced also) the body tapers in instead of being straight from the A post to the bottom of the rear wheel opening. I have measurements of the lower rocker pinch from a fellow on another board that was nice enough to help me. All measurements are good with the exception of the center floor brace to inner rocker. It is 1/4 inch out even though the brace is original. If I have to cut all this back apart to move that area in I also need to know where the B post is supposed to be. It was braced when the rockers were removed but something must have moved.
Can anyone tell me how to make sure I have all this measured correctly on the second try? Is there any resource that gives these body measurements? Surely there was a guide for repairing wreck damage back in the day. I have no original car to look at and take measurements and I am stuck on this project until I can resolve the problem.
Thanks!

lyonroad
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (1.3K reputation)Supercharged (1.3K reputation)Supercharged (1.3K reputation)Supercharged (1.3K reputation)Supercharged (1.3K reputation)Supercharged (1.3K reputation)Supercharged (1.3K reputation)Supercharged (1.3K reputation)Supercharged (1.3K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 9 Years Ago
Brassspike is your car a hardtop or a sedan (not sure if that matters).  In any event I have a '55 Club Sedan (two door sedan).  I can go under it and try to measure something if that would help.  I need to know specifically what to measure.  However, bear in mind, my car is 60 years old and I can't guarantee everything is original or even where it is supposed to be.

Mark

1956 Mercury M100
1955 Ford Fairlane Club Sedan
Delta, British Columbia

Reading This Topic

Site Meter