Profile Picture

New Vintage class at EMC

Posted By RB 10 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (1.3K reputation)Supercharged (1.3K reputation)Supercharged (1.3K reputation)Supercharged (1.3K reputation)Supercharged (1.3K reputation)Supercharged (1.3K reputation)Supercharged (1.3K reputation)Supercharged (1.3K reputation)Supercharged (1.3K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 3 Months Ago
Hot Rod Magazine rolled out the new rules for 2015 Engine Masters.  There are several new classes, one being vintage.. All I know so far is that engines have to be pre 1955 so no scrubs!   Ted....  Do you want me to enter for you?  lol
charliemccraney
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)

Group: Moderators
Last Active: 1 hour ago
That will be interesting.  Depending on the rules, a 256 may be the largest Y allowed.  Aside from displacement, do any of the other vintage engines have advantages over a Y, mostly aftermarket development?  Of course, with their scoring system, displacement doesn't really matter.

Lawrenceville, GA
Ted
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Co-Administrator

Co-Administrator (12.5K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.5K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.5K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.5K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.5K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.5K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.5K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.5K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.5K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: 2 days ago
I tried to get to the rules but the link at the Hot Rod site simply doesn’t work for me this morning.  While I haven’t given any thoughts lately about a EMC entry, I’d like to see how the Nostalgia V8 rules read.  If someone can post the link, that might help me on my end to at least look at the rules.

Lorena, Texas (South of Waco)

RB
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (1.3K reputation)Supercharged (1.3K reputation)Supercharged (1.3K reputation)Supercharged (1.3K reputation)Supercharged (1.3K reputation)Supercharged (1.3K reputation)Supercharged (1.3K reputation)Supercharged (1.3K reputation)Supercharged (1.3K reputation)

Apparently the rules are still being tweaked. I hear that when they announced the categories there was not a class for FEs to be competitive, and a few guys made quite a stink. I would surmise they are taking recommendations into consideration before announcing the final rules. If early Hemis get to play in Vintage it will be an uphill battle
PF Arcand
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (5.3K reputation)Supercharged (5.3K reputation)Supercharged (5.3K reputation)Supercharged (5.3K reputation)Supercharged (5.3K reputation)Supercharged (5.3K reputation)Supercharged (5.3K reputation)Supercharged (5.3K reputation)Supercharged (5.3K reputation)

Last Active: 2 Months Ago
I'm confused is this something totally different than the original Engine Masters Contests? It was introduced by Populat Hot Rodding, not Hot Rod Magazine.

Paul
RB
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Popular Hot rodding bit the dust a couple months ago. Hot Rod has picked up the event and it looks like they are changing the format quite a bit
Ol Ford Guy
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (483 reputation)Supercharged (483 reputation)Supercharged (483 reputation)Supercharged (483 reputation)Supercharged (483 reputation)Supercharged (483 reputation)Supercharged (483 reputation)Supercharged (483 reputation)Supercharged (483 reputation)

Last Active: 2 Years Ago
How about a Lincoln YB?  Oldsmobile, Chrysler, Buicks and others might be competitive contenders.

Paul J. - '57 E Code
John Mummert
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (1.6K reputation)Supercharged (1.6K reputation)Supercharged (1.6K reputation)Supercharged (1.6K reputation)Supercharged (1.6K reputation)Supercharged (1.6K reputation)Supercharged (1.6K reputation)Supercharged (1.6K reputation)Supercharged (1.6K reputation)

Last Active: 4 days ago
I heard through the rumor mill that this contest will be by average score only, not factored by displacement. This could be a disadvantage for the Y-Block. The Hemi's have a separate class also. That leaves only the Lincoln, Oldsmobile, Buick, Cadillac, Studebaker ( I think available by '54). Of course the Packard, Buick and Pontiac straight 8's, Hudson 6, even a flathead Ford would by eligible but hardly contenders.
The scrub, Pontiac and Mopar polys didn't come out until 55 so they are all out.
Maybe a Rolls Royce Merlin V12 would be a good fit for the rules?? They were introduced in 1932, only 27 liters.
Should be interesting.

http://ford-y-block.com 

20 miles east of San Diego, 20 miles north of Mexico

http://forums.y-blocksforever.com/uploads/images/2c0ef4dd-5dd8-408e-ba0d-74f6.jpg

RB
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Well, I could get 450 inches out of a Lincoln  I don't think the Olds or Caddy could. The Lincoln heads would never do justice to that kind of displacement. They are capable of 500 horse but that's about it.      It all depends on the rpm range and what they allow on Intake manifolds.  If they allow Mummert heads the Y block would still be a contender.
yalincoln
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (573 reputation)Supercharged (573 reputation)Supercharged (573 reputation)Supercharged (573 reputation)Supercharged (573 reputation)Supercharged (573 reputation)Supercharged (573 reputation)Supercharged (573 reputation)Supercharged (573 reputation)

Last Active: Last Year
say Royce; mabey we need a set of aluminum heads for the Lincoln?

lincoln/merc. y-blocks &mel's                                                               bucyrus, ohio.

Reading This Topic

Site Meter