Profile Picture

To all you Veterans of Freedom's Cause, both domestic and foreign...

Posted By Daniel Jessup 10 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!

To all you Veterans of Freedom's Cause, both domestic and foreign...

Author
Praise Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (3.8K reputation)Supercharged (3.8K reputation)Supercharged (3.8K reputation)Supercharged (3.8K reputation)Supercharged (3.8K reputation)Supercharged (3.8K reputation)Supercharged (3.8K reputation)Supercharged (3.8K reputation)Supercharged (3.8K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 7 hours ago
Thank you for your service!
I have been reading too many posts today (not on this site, thankfully) that are using the moral equivalency line of thinking with countries/wars/humanitarian efforts/etc and going as far as to say there are no "good" or "bad" people in war or military conflict.
I BEG TO DIFFER
If you have fought and defended the individual freedom of another - YOU HAVE DONE WELL!
If you have liberated peoples that have suffered genocide and the attempted racial annihilation from another - YOU HAVE DONE WELL!
If you have answered the call to serve your country by defending its right to exist - YOU HAVE DONE WELL!
If you have taken up arms to keep your country from an aggressive, outside force - YOU HAVE DONE WELL!

I called my father this morning and told him, "Dad, I am glad you were never a draft dodger - you served during Vietnam." During one of his tours in the early 70's I was born in Heidelberg, Germany. And as for my perceptions of the remnants of war (and peace for that matter) my parents lived in off-base housing with a German landlady (who spoke no English - yes my parents are both very fluent in German) whose HUSBAND WAS AN OFFICER IN THE GERMAN ARMY during WWII. I had the privilege of meeting her (when I was a teenager) before she died. She certainly believed there was a right and wrong in war and its cause. During that trip I also visited the remains of the concentration camp in Dachau. That visit changed my life forever. "Some things are worth fighting for..."

I still have a living relative, Otis Jessup, who served under Macarthur in the Pacific. He has a purple heart and a limp as a remnant of his service for freedom. According to him, if he had it to do all over again he would. The only thing he would change would be "Dodgin' that ---- machine gun nest!"

Thank you guys - I know most of you on here served your country in one way or another and you represent generations of people that believed in individual freedom and soul liberty. God bless you.

Daniel Jessup

Lancaster, California

aka "The Hot Rod Reverend" w00t
check out the 1955 Ford Fairlane build at www.hotrodreverend.com

Threaded View

Threaded View
Forum Post To all you Veterans of Freedom's Cause, both domestic and foreign... By Daniel Jessup ( 10 Years Ago )
Forum Post I guess I'm done with this forum. Goodbye. By Chuck ( 10 Years Ago )
Forum Post WTF Chuck? By Vic Correnti ( 10 Years Ago )
Forum Post Sorry to hear that, Liked your columns. By pegleg ( 10 Years Ago )
Forum Post Thanks for the post, Dan. By pintoplumber ( 10 Years Ago )
Forum Post Chuck I don't understand your point of view. The Berlin Wall came down... By '60 Fairlane ( 10 Years Ago )
Forum Post Guys... I certainly didn't post anything to start "trolling" as they... By Daniel Jessup ( 10 Years Ago )
Forum Post Daniel, well put. Thank you. Dave. By '60 Fairlane ( 10 Years Ago )
Forum Post Dan, I don't believe it was you. Or if it was, too bad. You... By pegleg ( 10 Years Ago )
Forum Post Well, I am an avid Ford owner, and Y-block owner('55 T-bird), and also... By Joe-JDC ( 10 Years Ago )
Forum Post Shame to see all the good postings gone. What brought all that on, did... By ian57tbird ( 10 Years Ago )
Forum Post Daniel. Rest assured that your post will be accepted well by most.... By Ted ( 10 Years Ago )
Forum Post [quote][b]Ted (11/13/2014)[/b][hr] Daniel. Rest assured that... By Daniel Jessup ( 10 Years Ago )
Forum Post Hmmm... I dont know what they did back in the home but Im still... By LordMrFord ( 10 Years Ago )
Forum Post I think the German reference was about the Nazi's of WW2. No that does... By pegleg ( 10 Years Ago )
Forum Post I'm Baffled Chuck? I have about a dozen family members who served and... By Y block Billy ( 10 Years Ago )
Forum Post Don't confuse Chuck with Moonshadow. By Ol Ford Guy ( 10 Years Ago )

Reading This Topic

Site Meter