Profile Picture

Mummert Y-Block Coupe - Famoso

Posted By jhildebr 10 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Turbocharged

Turbocharged (65 reputation)Turbocharged (65 reputation)Turbocharged (65 reputation)Turbocharged (65 reputation)Turbocharged (65 reputation)Turbocharged (65 reputation)Turbocharged (65 reputation)Turbocharged (65 reputation)Turbocharged (65 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 8 Years Ago

Hello  fellowY-Blockers,

I took the Mummert Y-block powered Coupe to Famoso (Bakersfield)last weekend to race in the NHRA Heritage Hot Rod finals. This is the sameseries I race in at the March Meet at Famoso. I also joined the Fun FordWeekend race in the “Fast Ford” group while there. The DA was around 3800’ andthe temps was a hot 104/105*. The car ran a best of 10.14 and 127mph. The carhas run 9.99 and a 6.22 1/8th mile there in cooler weather. The goodnews is I went to BOTH finals. Unfortunately, I red lit in the Fun Ford finaland took too much stripe in the Hot Rod final and broke out.  I had a good weekend and had TWO .000 lightsthat weekend. I go to the Div. 7 Summit finals next weekend (Sept 19-21) torace again. I hope I do as well.

John Hildebrandhttp://forums.y-blocksforever.com/uploads/images/d65b280b-fea0-472a-bcd5-a2d3.jpg
Glen Henderson
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (1.8K reputation)Supercharged (1.8K reputation)Supercharged (1.8K reputation)Supercharged (1.8K reputation)Supercharged (1.8K reputation)Supercharged (1.8K reputation)Supercharged (1.8K reputation)Supercharged (1.8K reputation)Supercharged (1.8K reputation)

Last Active: 8 Years Ago
That is awesome, sounds like the car and driver was dialed in!

Glen Henderson

Freedom is not Free

Letohatchee, AL
glrbird
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (1.0K reputation)Supercharged (1.0K reputation)Supercharged (1.0K reputation)Supercharged (1.0K reputation)Supercharged (1.0K reputation)Supercharged (1.0K reputation)Supercharged (1.0K reputation)Supercharged (1.0K reputation)Supercharged (1.0K reputation)

Last Active: Last Year
John
Thanks for the update, keep'em comming.  I love your little coupe, is it steel and was it ever a street rod? Congrats on making the finals, must be very consistant.

Gary Ryan San Antonio.TX.

Ted
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Co-Administrator

Co-Administrator (12.6K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.6K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.6K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.6K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.6K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.6K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.6K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.6K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.6K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: 5 days ago

John.  Great job on making the finals in two different classes.  Just running two classes at the same event is a challenge much less making it to the finals in both.

Lorena, Texas (South of Waco)

Canadian Hot Rodder
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (1.3K reputation)Supercharged (1.3K reputation)Supercharged (1.3K reputation)Supercharged (1.3K reputation)Supercharged (1.3K reputation)Supercharged (1.3K reputation)Supercharged (1.3K reputation)Supercharged (1.3K reputation)Supercharged (1.3K reputation)

Last Active: 6 Years Ago
jhildebr (9/12/2014)

Hello  fellowY-Blockers,

I took the Mummert Y-block powered Coupe to Famoso (Bakersfield)last weekend to race in the NHRA Heritage Hot Rod finals. This is the sameseries I race in at the March Meet at Famoso. I also joined the Fun FordWeekend race in the “Fast Ford” group while there. The DA was around 3800’ andthe temps was a hot 104/105*. The car ran a best of 10.14 and 127mph. The carhas run 9.99 and a 6.22 1/8th mile there in cooler weather. The goodnews is I went to BOTH finals. Unfortunately, I red lit in the Fun Ford finaland took too much stripe in the Hot Rod final and broke out.  I had a good weekend and had TWO .000 lightsthat weekend. I go to the Div. 7 Summit finals next weekend (Sept 19-21) torace again. I hope I do as well.

John Hildebrandhttp://forums.y-blocksforever.com/uploads/images/d65b280b-fea0-472a-bcd5-a2d3.jpg

I love the smell of burning rubber in the morning!

Canadian Hot Rodder
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (1.3K reputation)Supercharged (1.3K reputation)Supercharged (1.3K reputation)Supercharged (1.3K reputation)Supercharged (1.3K reputation)Supercharged (1.3K reputation)Supercharged (1.3K reputation)Supercharged (1.3K reputation)Supercharged (1.3K reputation)

Last Active: 6 Years Ago
WELL DONE and VERY COOL Coupe!!! Smile

I love the smell of burning rubber in the morning!

John Mummert
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (1.6K reputation)Supercharged (1.6K reputation)Supercharged (1.6K reputation)Supercharged (1.6K reputation)Supercharged (1.6K reputation)Supercharged (1.6K reputation)Supercharged (1.6K reputation)Supercharged (1.6K reputation)Supercharged (1.6K reputation)

Last Active: Last Month
John H didn't reply, but yes the coupe is all steel. Y-Blocks will be well represented at the Barona Antique Drags this year with John Hildebrand and Todd Ferguson.

http://ford-y-block.com 

20 miles east of San Diego, 20 miles north of Mexico

http://forums.y-blocksforever.com/uploads/images/2c0ef4dd-5dd8-408e-ba0d-74f6.jpg

John Mummert
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (1.6K reputation)Supercharged (1.6K reputation)Supercharged (1.6K reputation)Supercharged (1.6K reputation)Supercharged (1.6K reputation)Supercharged (1.6K reputation)Supercharged (1.6K reputation)Supercharged (1.6K reputation)Supercharged (1.6K reputation)

Last Active: Last Month
I got a video of John's coupe at Barona but it's 67 mega bytes. I don't know how to cut that down to something that will work here. Any ideas?
John went to the final round again in the Gambler but lost to Rick Reynold's BB Ford powered Pinto. All Ford final round. Rick always cuts good lights and runs his dial so John had to cut it close. He was a little too close going red by .005 seconds. John did run (as I recall) a 6.518 on a 6.510 dial. Rick's Pinto runs 5.40 typically.
The Y-Blocks got quite a bit of attention and  we had a good time. What more can you ask for?

http://ford-y-block.com 

20 miles east of San Diego, 20 miles north of Mexico

http://forums.y-blocksforever.com/uploads/images/2c0ef4dd-5dd8-408e-ba0d-74f6.jpg

Reading This Topic

Site Meter