Profile Picture

Mummert Short Timing Cover ??

Posted By thundercat 10 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (356 reputation)Supercharged (356 reputation)Supercharged (356 reputation)Supercharged (356 reputation)Supercharged (356 reputation)Supercharged (356 reputation)Supercharged (356 reputation)Supercharged (356 reputation)Supercharged (356 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 6 Years Ago
I was watching a video & reading text  on John Mummerts New shorter front cover .[ WOW!  What great results with that 331"  Y]     Text reads 7/8" shorter..but uses a SBC damper..  Would this be usable with a Mummert steel Y block damper shortened 7/8" ??  or is the seal setup different??   Im very interested as Im in process  of a 471 blower in my 32 and space is at a premium.  Ive made my drive coupler off his Y block vibration  damper..  THANKS!!   Steve McD

Mars , Pennsylvania

pegleg
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (4.3K reputation)Supercharged (4.3K reputation)Supercharged (4.3K reputation)Supercharged (4.3K reputation)Supercharged (4.3K reputation)Supercharged (4.3K reputation)Supercharged (4.3K reputation)Supercharged (4.3K reputation)Supercharged (4.3K reputation)

Last Active: 2 Years Ago
Probably best to ask John yourself. Nobody else has seen one.

Frank/Rebop

Bristol, In ( by Elkhart) 

John Mummert
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (1.6K reputation)Supercharged (1.6K reputation)Supercharged (1.6K reputation)Supercharged (1.6K reputation)Supercharged (1.6K reputation)Supercharged (1.6K reputation)Supercharged (1.6K reputation)Supercharged (1.6K reputation)Supercharged (1.6K reputation)

Last Active: Last Month
The cover on our 331 engine is a first sample from the foundry. I have more on order. I'm trying to find a seal opening that will accept seals for either Y-Block or sbc dampers. Otherwise the cover will have to be machined for a specific damper and I don't want to do that. Our plan is to shorten the steel billet Y-Block dampers. The water pump pulley can be an aluminum early sbc (there's that word again) because they are deeper than a Y-Block pulley allowing the damper and belt to be moved back farther.
The idea behind the new cover was to shorten the engine for easier installation in hot rods and to move the belts closer to the engine. This can be important on blower installations where there is additional stress on the crankshaft snout.

http://ford-y-block.com 

20 miles east of San Diego, 20 miles north of Mexico

http://forums.y-blocksforever.com/uploads/images/2c0ef4dd-5dd8-408e-ba0d-74f6.jpg

thundercat
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (356 reputation)Supercharged (356 reputation)Supercharged (356 reputation)Supercharged (356 reputation)Supercharged (356 reputation)Supercharged (356 reputation)Supercharged (356 reputation)Supercharged (356 reputation)Supercharged (356 reputation)

Last Active: 6 Years Ago
Hi John ,      I would like to purchase a short cover and another one of your dampers [ I have one now but its on my car] when the covers come in..  I need the room for my 471 blower set up in 32 Ford.   Im installing on a test engine in my runup stand before transferring to car .  Only a few parts to complete..  The short cover will help a lot ..   The damper I have of yours  easily adapted to blower drive.  Ive been very pleased with all the items that I have purchased from you...  THANK YOU !!   Regards Steve McD   Mars , Pa.

Mars , Pennsylvania

John Mummert
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (1.6K reputation)Supercharged (1.6K reputation)Supercharged (1.6K reputation)Supercharged (1.6K reputation)Supercharged (1.6K reputation)Supercharged (1.6K reputation)Supercharged (1.6K reputation)Supercharged (1.6K reputation)Supercharged (1.6K reputation)

Last Active: Last Month
Thank  you Steve. I have a call into the foundry to check on delivery. No answer yet.

http://ford-y-block.com 

20 miles east of San Diego, 20 miles north of Mexico

http://forums.y-blocksforever.com/uploads/images/2c0ef4dd-5dd8-408e-ba0d-74f6.jpg

Reading This Topic

Site Meter