Profile Picture

57 ford supercharged with factory air conditioning

Posted By DualQuad312 10 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (189 reputation)Supercharged (189 reputation)Supercharged (189 reputation)Supercharged (189 reputation)Supercharged (189 reputation)Supercharged (189 reputation)Supercharged (189 reputation)Supercharged (189 reputation)Supercharged (189 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 9 Years Ago
hello :-)

I, have a question on Supercharged '57 Fords. Has anyone ever seen one equipped with factory air conditioning? About 10yrs.
ago I met a gentleman at a swap meet claiming he had a Supercharged '57 ranchero with factory air conditioning. My concern is where and how would I mount the "trash can" fuel filter if the AC Compressor is in that location? Would Ford have gone through the trouble to mount the fuel filter in another area for very few cars equipped with factory air if they even existed at all? I've seen one car on '57 Ford.com that has a supercharger with Factory Aire (I see no fuel filter on the engine).... but it also has dual teapots...Lol.....SO this doesn't verify anything other then someone was very creative :-)

Thank you all for your support and help....Best Regards to all

Jeff

Oldmics
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (1.1K reputation)Supercharged (1.1K reputation)Supercharged (1.1K reputation)Supercharged (1.1K reputation)Supercharged (1.1K reputation)Supercharged (1.1K reputation)Supercharged (1.1K reputation)Supercharged (1.1K reputation)Supercharged (1.1K reputation)

Last Active: 4 Years Ago
Now I don't know for sure BUT I don't believe there were and F codes with factory A.C.

To address your concern about the trash can filter location,I can state for sure that the only F codes that used the trash can filter were the early Daytona race cars.Doubt if they had A.C.

All the production vehicles used the filter with the return line.

Oldmics
randyh
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (260 reputation)Supercharged (260 reputation)Supercharged (260 reputation)Supercharged (260 reputation)Supercharged (260 reputation)Supercharged (260 reputation)Supercharged (260 reputation)Supercharged (260 reputation)Supercharged (260 reputation)

Last Active: 2 Years Ago
I believe that all of the passenger cars used the trash can filters.  The Phase 1 cars used the 9155-AA part and the production cars used the 9155-AB filters. The only difference being the dimple shape at bottom of trash can.
Oldmics
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (1.1K reputation)Supercharged (1.1K reputation)Supercharged (1.1K reputation)Supercharged (1.1K reputation)Supercharged (1.1K reputation)Supercharged (1.1K reputation)Supercharged (1.1K reputation)Supercharged (1.1K reputation)Supercharged (1.1K reputation)

Randy

I am under the impression that you have an "F" vehicle and I believe it to be a T Bird so since you own one your information is likely to be better than mine.

I have not heard of the AA filter. The AB unit is for the 57 model year.

There is an A filter - is that what you are referring to? And you are correct about the filter differences being the dimples size on the bottom of the can.
The A filters were used in the 56 dual quad setups and are somewhat rare. The AB filters were used on the 57 model years.

All of the "F" production cars that I have seen used the fuel filter with the return line, with the exception of pictures of the Daytona racers using the trash can filter. As I said you may have better information since you own an F machine.

Oldmics

randyh
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (260 reputation)Supercharged (260 reputation)Supercharged (260 reputation)Supercharged (260 reputation)Supercharged (260 reputation)Supercharged (260 reputation)Supercharged (260 reputation)Supercharged (260 reputation)Supercharged (260 reputation)

I have a 57 Phase 1 Custom, what you are referring to as a Daytona car.  You are correct it is a -A 'trash can' filter used on the 57 phase 1 cars and the -AB was used on the production cars.
DualQuad312
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (189 reputation)Supercharged (189 reputation)Supercharged (189 reputation)Supercharged (189 reputation)Supercharged (189 reputation)Supercharged (189 reputation)Supercharged (189 reputation)Supercharged (189 reputation)Supercharged (189 reputation)

I, want to thank you guys for commenting on the topic of interest. I, have some clarification to do. First I don't own an "F" car. I, currently have a dual quad setup on my Ranchero. I, was fortunate to of found an original VR 58 Paxton blower. I was wondering Where to locate the "Trash Can fuel filter on the Engine when I, install the Supercharger. I, know it's supposed to mount in the Front on the passenger side of the engine. The problem is I, have factory Aire in the car so the compressor is in the way of the filter being installed. The person that wrote a response saying that a Supercharged car might not of ever been equipped with AC..... I, think he may be right?   

Best Regards,

Jeff
Oldmics
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Scroll down on the provided link and take a look see at where the trash can filter is mounted on this factory blower engine. Might be of some help in your installation.

http://vs57.y-block.info/vr57pinups.htm

Oldmics

Jimz Bird
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (221 reputation)Supercharged (221 reputation)Supercharged (221 reputation)Supercharged (221 reputation)Supercharged (221 reputation)Supercharged (221 reputation)Supercharged (221 reputation)Supercharged (221 reputation)Supercharged (221 reputation)

Here are, I think, the three missing pictures.

Jim
Norfolk, VA

http://www.y-blocksforever.com/forums/Uploads/Images/9637da2e-2f28-4c4a-8dea-1636.jpg
"MABLE"
1956 Thunderbird Green / Brown Interior (ZE-XG)

"MEAN GREEN"
1956 Mainline (FG-BE)

Hoosier Hurricane
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (4.9K reputation)Supercharged (4.9K reputation)Supercharged (4.9K reputation)Supercharged (4.9K reputation)Supercharged (4.9K reputation)Supercharged (4.9K reputation)Supercharged (4.9K reputation)Supercharged (4.9K reputation)Supercharged (4.9K reputation)

Group: Moderators
Last Active: Last Week
Jeff:

Since your car is obviously not factory equipped, why not pack the trash can filter safely away and store it, (or send it to me) and install an inline filter anywhere there is room and accessibility?

John - "The Hoosier Hurricane"
http://www.y-blocksforever.com/avatars/johnf.jpg
56_Fairlane
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (1.3K reputation)Supercharged (1.3K reputation)Supercharged (1.3K reputation)Supercharged (1.3K reputation)Supercharged (1.3K reputation)Supercharged (1.3K reputation)Supercharged (1.3K reputation)Supercharged (1.3K reputation)Supercharged (1.3K reputation)

Why not just use a fuel pump with the glass bowl filter? You won't need to worry about locating a fuel filter unless you don't mind using a generic style inline filter.

~DJ~ AKA "Bleach"
1956 Ford Fairlane Town Sedan 30K original miles

Reading This Topic

Site Meter