Profile Picture

56 side trim clips

Posted By montana ford man 10 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (296 reputation)Supercharged (296 reputation)Supercharged (296 reputation)Supercharged (296 reputation)Supercharged (296 reputation)Supercharged (296 reputation)Supercharged (296 reputation)Supercharged (296 reputation)Supercharged (296 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Yesterday
made a discovery when I was putting on my side chrome on my 56 cuctomline.I went to lowes and looked through the specialty parts that are in those small drawers[electric motor parts,plastic clips,nobs etc] well,the" elevator bolts" that are flat headed will slide perfectly in the chrome strips.you can slide them to the holes in the body ,and they even have a square base on the stud that fits through the hole.not saying they are better than the right clips,but at a buck apiece it might be good in a bind or be more secure in some instances.there were length differences also,but the shorter ones work very well.
lyonroad
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (1.3K reputation)Supercharged (1.3K reputation)Supercharged (1.3K reputation)Supercharged (1.3K reputation)Supercharged (1.3K reputation)Supercharged (1.3K reputation)Supercharged (1.3K reputation)Supercharged (1.3K reputation)Supercharged (1.3K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 9 Years Ago
Good to know.  I am doing the trim on my '55 as we speak.  Thanks.

Mark

1956 Mercury M100
1955 Ford Fairlane Club Sedan
Delta, British Columbia

Reading This Topic

Site Meter