Profile Picture

Newport electric wiper

Posted By slick56 10 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
Problem Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (1.2K reputation)Supercharged (1.2K reputation)Supercharged (1.2K reputation)Supercharged (1.2K reputation)Supercharged (1.2K reputation)Supercharged (1.2K reputation)Supercharged (1.2K reputation)Supercharged (1.2K reputation)Supercharged (1.2K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Last Year
The electric wiper for my 56 arrived earlier this week, worked out to just over 400 bucks Aussie,
that is with the intermittent and washer function, and the switch extension.

Snowcone, you weren't kidding about pita to get linkages on; to further complicate things the
holes in my original bracket did not line up - about half a hole out.   Swearing ensued...

I ended up putting the screws into the wiper motor bracket first, then levering the motor down
through the factory bracket, and putting nyloc nuts on from below.
Easier that way even if the holes had lined up.

I got the extended switch as recommended by Rick55, however, with the bezel nut on, there
is 1/2 inch of movement. Does the extension need to be cut, or should there be
an adjustment nut come with it?

I email'd Newport a couple of nights ago, haven't heard back yet, would like to have it
all back together by the week-end.

South Australia

junkyardjeff
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (1.4K reputation)Supercharged (1.4K reputation)Supercharged (1.4K reputation)Supercharged (1.4K reputation)Supercharged (1.4K reputation)Supercharged (1.4K reputation)Supercharged (1.4K reputation)Supercharged (1.4K reputation)Supercharged (1.4K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 5 days ago
When I installed a Newport wiper motor in my 55 I also ran the screws down and found nuts to fit the screws,I spent about a hour laying on my back with my legs hanging over the seat trying to get the holes to line up then quit to find another solution. I sent them a email saying they should send nuts in the kit to do it that way with the dash still in the car.

Butchering up everything I can get my hands on in Dayton Ohio

Reading This Topic

Site Meter