Profile Picture

Who's going to the melt down drags.

Posted By ian57tbird 10 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (1.1K reputation)Supercharged (1.1K reputation)Supercharged (1.1K reputation)Supercharged (1.1K reputation)Supercharged (1.1K reputation)Supercharged (1.1K reputation)Supercharged (1.1K reputation)Supercharged (1.1K reputation)Supercharged (1.1K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Last Month

We've just arrived in south side Chicago on our trip and I was wondering if anyone was going to the Melt down drags?

ecode ragtop
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (443 reputation)Supercharged (443 reputation)Supercharged (443 reputation)Supercharged (443 reputation)Supercharged (443 reputation)Supercharged (443 reputation)Supercharged (443 reputation)Supercharged (443 reputation)Supercharged (443 reputation)

Last Active: 4 Years Ago
We Have a few cars going about 10, My Ranchero will not be there, can't get a head gasket. Give me a call at 815-871-8017 and I will set you up with the Y-Block guys. Tom

JUST A MIDNIGHT CRUISE DOWN THUNDER ROAD!!! TOM DRUMMOND MIDWEST DIRECTOR 57 FORD INTERNATIONAL
Vic Correnti
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (699 reputation)Supercharged (699 reputation)Supercharged (699 reputation)Supercharged (699 reputation)Supercharged (699 reputation)Supercharged (699 reputation)Supercharged (699 reputation)Supercharged (699 reputation)Supercharged (699 reputation)

Last Active: 4 days ago
I'll be there. There should be over 400 pre 1964 cars racing.

http://forums.y-blocksforever.com/uploads/images/7393d096-cbf0-4ed0-bfdc-c4b0.jpg  Vic Correnti

ecode ragtop
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (443 reputation)Supercharged (443 reputation)Supercharged (443 reputation)Supercharged (443 reputation)Supercharged (443 reputation)Supercharged (443 reputation)Supercharged (443 reputation)Supercharged (443 reputation)Supercharged (443 reputation)

Last Active: 4 Years Ago
Theres over 500 cars registered as of yesterday.

JUST A MIDNIGHT CRUISE DOWN THUNDER ROAD!!! TOM DRUMMOND MIDWEST DIRECTOR 57 FORD INTERNATIONAL
57FordPU
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (1.0K reputation)Supercharged (1.0K reputation)Supercharged (1.0K reputation)Supercharged (1.0K reputation)Supercharged (1.0K reputation)Supercharged (1.0K reputation)Supercharged (1.0K reputation)Supercharged (1.0K reputation)Supercharged (1.0K reputation)

Last Active: 2 Years Ago
If you are at Byron and still looking at this web site, you might see a friend of Tim and mine with a twin engine dragster.  He is Rocky Phillips and he is the promoter of the Eagle Field Nostalgia Drags.  His car is a side-by-side engine "Evil Twin" FED with a T bucket body.  I am sure Tim had a hand in the engine building (too bad he didn't talk him into Y-Blocks).  If you see him, please tell him hello for us and wish him luck.  Good luck to all the Y-Blockers in attendance, I understand this is an outstanding event.

http://forums.y-blocksforever.com/uploads/images/c2c07be7-ac9c-4cf9-a1db-d927.jpg

Charlie Burns Laton, Ca (South of Fresno)

BurnsRacing981@gmail.com
ian57tbird
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (1.1K reputation)Supercharged (1.1K reputation)Supercharged (1.1K reputation)Supercharged (1.1K reputation)Supercharged (1.1K reputation)Supercharged (1.1K reputation)Supercharged (1.1K reputation)Supercharged (1.1K reputation)Supercharged (1.1K reputation)

Last Active: Last Month
Hi Charlie.

I was at the meet yesterday but I didn't notice that dragster. It is a great event to see, almost like going back in time with the old magazines I use to look at that my older brother was buying in the 60's. Great to hear from you and I'm still hoping that we might get past your way to catch up.

Ian.
Ol Ford Guy
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (483 reputation)Supercharged (483 reputation)Supercharged (483 reputation)Supercharged (483 reputation)Supercharged (483 reputation)Supercharged (483 reputation)Supercharged (483 reputation)Supercharged (483 reputation)Supercharged (483 reputation)

Last Active: 2 Years Ago
Ian,
That car could be seen today/Sunday after 1:00 PM.  You are probably out of the area by now?  You can reach my cell at 815-742-5546.  I'll send a couple pictures to you email address.

Paul J. - '57 E Code
RB
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (1.3K reputation)Supercharged (1.3K reputation)Supercharged (1.3K reputation)Supercharged (1.3K reputation)Supercharged (1.3K reputation)Supercharged (1.3K reputation)Supercharged (1.3K reputation)Supercharged (1.3K reputation)Supercharged (1.3K reputation)

Last Active: 3 days ago
Attention in the pits:   Jim Cochran and Tom Drummond capture Y Block Glory at Meltdown Drags

Jim Cochran and his sano 55 Ford sliced through the field to gain his first Y Block Shootout trophy. Jim bested Royce Brechler and his Warbird 55 T-Bird Competition Coupe In the finals to harvest a boatload of cash and prizes.

In the finals Royce spotted Jim a 6.5 second lead and could not run him down . Jim's superior reaction time and close to dial-in ET bested the hard charging Warbird at the stripe.

In other developments Tom Drummond took bragging rights in the 57 Ford grudge race as he glided to victory in his smooth sleek 57 Fairlane convertible, over a rather boastful racer in a 57 Ford Ranch Wagon.

Wonderful event:  We need more Y Blocker participation in 2015

Reading This Topic

Site Meter