Profile Picture

Chevy s10 to y-block

Posted By ilers60f100 10 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Normally aspirated

Normally aspirated (30 reputation)Normally aspirated (30 reputation)Normally aspirated (30 reputation)Normally aspirated (30 reputation)Normally aspirated (30 reputation)Normally aspirated (30 reputation)Normally aspirated (30 reputation)Normally aspirated (30 reputation)Normally aspirated (30 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 10 Years Ago
Hi guys, I Wana hook a s10 t5 to my yblock. Can anyone give me some info how to do that do I use my original clutch or can I put the s10 one in and do all the linkages hook up? And what throw out bearing do I use and where is the best place to get an adaptor
miker
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (3.9K reputation)Supercharged (3.9K reputation)Supercharged (3.9K reputation)Supercharged (3.9K reputation)Supercharged (3.9K reputation)Supercharged (3.9K reputation)Supercharged (3.9K reputation)Supercharged (3.9K reputation)Supercharged (3.9K reputation)

Last Active: Yesterday
Be a little careful about what model T-5 you have. The world class go to 300lb ft or thereabouts. The light duty ones that came behind 4cyl motors had lower ratings. A yblock will twist one of those apart in no time.

miker
55 bird, 32 cabrio F code
Kent, WA
Tucson, AZ
ilers60f100
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Normally aspirated

Normally aspirated (30 reputation)Normally aspirated (30 reputation)Normally aspirated (30 reputation)Normally aspirated (30 reputation)Normally aspirated (30 reputation)Normally aspirated (30 reputation)Normally aspirated (30 reputation)Normally aspirated (30 reputation)Normally aspirated (30 reputation)

Thanks that's good to know!
ilers60f100
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Normally aspirated

Is there anything else you know about installing one
slick56
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (1.2K reputation)Supercharged (1.2K reputation)Supercharged (1.2K reputation)Supercharged (1.2K reputation)Supercharged (1.2K reputation)Supercharged (1.2K reputation)Supercharged (1.2K reputation)Supercharged (1.2K reputation)Supercharged (1.2K reputation)

Last Active: Last Year
John Mummert does an adapter but not for the S10

http://www.ford-y-block.com/t5in-cars-bird.htm

Here is a list of T5 serial no.s
Check if the one you have will take the torque of a Y-block

South Australia

CK
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (354 reputation)Supercharged (354 reputation)Supercharged (354 reputation)Supercharged (354 reputation)Supercharged (354 reputation)Supercharged (354 reputation)Supercharged (354 reputation)Supercharged (354 reputation)Supercharged (354 reputation)

Last Active: 8 Years Ago
Nice one slick
I have been wondering about the varied t5's available.
I'm pretty sure the early mustang models fit in with John's adaptor plate and the stick is then in the right place.
lyonroad
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (1.3K reputation)Supercharged (1.3K reputation)Supercharged (1.3K reputation)Supercharged (1.3K reputation)Supercharged (1.3K reputation)Supercharged (1.3K reputation)Supercharged (1.3K reputation)Supercharged (1.3K reputation)Supercharged (1.3K reputation)

Last Active: 9 Years Ago
ilers60f100 (7/10/2014)
Is there anything else you know about installing one

The T5 you want is a T-5z, '93 and earlier with 2.95:1 first and .63 od (serial 1352-251).  You will need an adapter plate-Y-block to Ford Mustang T5; rotated ccw to level the trans mount and a T-5/C4/Toploader/AOD/AOED 28 spline slip joint and a Ford T-5/TKO/C4/Toploader trans mount.  Also obtain a copy of Rob Bolzon's (aka "Canadian Hotrodder") article from the Novmber/December issue of Y Block Magazine.
Hope this helps.

Mark

1956 Mercury M100
1955 Ford Fairlane Club Sedan
Delta, British Columbia
Canadian Hot Rodder
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (1.3K reputation)Supercharged (1.3K reputation)Supercharged (1.3K reputation)Supercharged (1.3K reputation)Supercharged (1.3K reputation)Supercharged (1.3K reputation)Supercharged (1.3K reputation)Supercharged (1.3K reputation)Supercharged (1.3K reputation)

Last Active: 6 Years Ago
If anyone wants a copy of my article on installing a T-5 behind a Y-Block, you can email me at 1956vicky@gmail.com .  More than glad to help anyone if I can! 

I love the smell of burning rubber in the morning!

Reading This Topic

Site Meter