Profile Picture

Timing Set Question...

Posted By MAD-EVAN 10 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Co-Administrator

Co-Administrator (12.5K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.5K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.5K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.5K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.5K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.5K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.5K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.5K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.5K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: 3 days ago
MAD-EVAN (6/26/2014)
.... As for dialing in the camshaft, what am I going to need and how difficult is it?  Sorry if this is a novice question, but this is my first rebuild on any engine let alone a y-block. ...

If you’ll scroll down through the following link, some detailed instructions for degreeing in the camshaft are there.

http://www.compcams.com/Technical/Instructions/Files/145.pdf

I’m in the process of writing up my own set of cam degreeing instructions for a future issue of Y-Block Magazine but that will still be some months away.  There are several engine build articles in the works that will precede that particular ‘how to’ article.

Lorena, Texas (South of Waco)

CK
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (354 reputation)Supercharged (354 reputation)Supercharged (354 reputation)Supercharged (354 reputation)Supercharged (354 reputation)Supercharged (354 reputation)Supercharged (354 reputation)Supercharged (354 reputation)Supercharged (354 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 8 Years Ago
You can by the book " how to modify ford Y block" on ebay and amazon for a small amount which I'm sure will help you understand the engine.
I think there is an older version still for sale too.

But I'll stand by the advise you've been given so far. I'm so much more confident with the help I got through my build.

Reading This Topic

Site Meter