Profile Picture

2nd Annual Y-block shootout

Posted By davis 10 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (2.4K reputation)Supercharged (2.4K reputation)Supercharged (2.4K reputation)Supercharged (2.4K reputation)Supercharged (2.4K reputation)Supercharged (2.4K reputation)Supercharged (2.4K reputation)Supercharged (2.4K reputation)Supercharged (2.4K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 6 Years Ago
Love how you combined all those drags into one video, Cool!

55 Vicky & customline

58 Rack Dump, 55 F350 yard truck, 57 F100

59 & 61 P 400's, 58 F100 custom cab, 69 F100, 79 F150, 82 F600 ramp truck, 90 mustang conv 7 up, 94 Mustang, Should I continue?

57FordPU
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (1.0K reputation)Supercharged (1.0K reputation)Supercharged (1.0K reputation)Supercharged (1.0K reputation)Supercharged (1.0K reputation)Supercharged (1.0K reputation)Supercharged (1.0K reputation)Supercharged (1.0K reputation)Supercharged (1.0K reputation)

Last Active: 2 Years Ago
Yes, we'll be there.  You are going to have a great time.

Charlie Burns Laton, Ca (South of Fresno)

BurnsRacing981@gmail.com
MoonShadow
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (7.5K reputation)Supercharged (7.5K reputation)Supercharged (7.5K reputation)Supercharged (7.5K reputation)Supercharged (7.5K reputation)Supercharged (7.5K reputation)Supercharged (7.5K reputation)Supercharged (7.5K reputation)Supercharged (7.5K reputation)

Last Active: 3 hours ago
Not too shabby for a LSR truck on a drag strip. It is making some power. Are you going to Bonneville in August? I plan to head out that way with the Rolling Bones crew. Never been to the salt so I can't miss this chance. I just read where the Challenger II is coming back. Mickey Thompson's son is going to try to finish what his dad started and is going for the piston driven record. Sounds like some good company! Chuck

Y's guys rule!
Looking for McCullouch VS57 brackets and parts. Also looking for 28 Chrysler series 72 parts. And early Hemi parts.

MoonShadow, 292 w/McCulloch, 28 Chrysler Roadster, 354 Hemi)
Manchester, New Hampshire
57FordPU
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (1.0K reputation)Supercharged (1.0K reputation)Supercharged (1.0K reputation)Supercharged (1.0K reputation)Supercharged (1.0K reputation)Supercharged (1.0K reputation)Supercharged (1.0K reputation)Supercharged (1.0K reputation)Supercharged (1.0K reputation)

Last Active: 2 Years Ago
Chuck, it was a little ugly.  They let me play with them any way.  I had clutch problems (better to find out there than at Bonneville), super soft launches, only used 1st and a (wait for it, wait for it) slow shift to 2nd, best was a 12.3 on a 12.0 dial and about 75 mph.  I lost in the first round and loaded it up.  The best part was meeting the other Y-Blockers and their machines.  I had a great time.  John Hildebrand put on a class act and John and Jeff Mummert worked very hard to keep things organized during the shoot out.  It was nice talking to you Ian, you did come a long way from Oz, I hope you get to attend the Melt Down.

Charlie Burns Laton, Ca (South of Fresno)

BurnsRacing981@gmail.com
ian57tbird
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (1.1K reputation)Supercharged (1.1K reputation)Supercharged (1.1K reputation)Supercharged (1.1K reputation)Supercharged (1.1K reputation)Supercharged (1.1K reputation)Supercharged (1.1K reputation)Supercharged (1.1K reputation)Supercharged (1.1K reputation)

Last Active: Yesterday
It was good to finally meet some of the Yblock guys from the forum on Sunday.

I'm still waiting for my trophy for the spectator who traveled the greatest distance.
MoonShadow
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (7.5K reputation)Supercharged (7.5K reputation)Supercharged (7.5K reputation)Supercharged (7.5K reputation)Supercharged (7.5K reputation)Supercharged (7.5K reputation)Supercharged (7.5K reputation)Supercharged (7.5K reputation)Supercharged (7.5K reputation)

Last Active: 3 hours ago
Very nice turnout for the second annual. Looks like you may grow some more in the next few years. I don't think the Columbus shootout did any better in the beginning. Hate to say it here but that green/white 56 scrub must be a real demon on the street. Talk about a sleeper. I suppose Charlie was running his LSR gears but it was interesting to seem him run. Chuck

Y's guys rule!
Looking for McCullouch VS57 brackets and parts. Also looking for 28 Chrysler series 72 parts. And early Hemi parts.

MoonShadow, 292 w/McCulloch, 28 Chrysler Roadster, 354 Hemi)
Manchester, New Hampshire
davis
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (241 reputation)Supercharged (241 reputation)Supercharged (241 reputation)Supercharged (241 reputation)Supercharged (241 reputation)Supercharged (241 reputation)Supercharged (241 reputation)Supercharged (241 reputation)Supercharged (241 reputation)

Last Active: 9 Years Ago
It was nice to meet john hildebrand and others at this event which was our first time at Barona dragstrip.

Looking forward to next year's event. we'll do our best to bring an FE out or if we're super lucky, the 312.

Summit Drag_Y Block Shootout_07 by PrimerPodcast, on Flickr

Summit Drag_Y Block Shootout_13 by PrimerPodcast, on Flickr

Summit Drag_Y Block Shootout_16 by PrimerPodcast, on Flickr

Summit Drag_Y Block Shootout_26 by PrimerPodcast, on Flickr

Summit Drag_Y Block Shootout_45 by PrimerPodcast, on Flickr

Summit Drag_Y Block Shootout_56 by PrimerPodcast, on Flickr

Summit Drag_Y Block Shootout_67 by PrimerPodcast, on Flickr

This ain't no L-Kamino!

Reading This Topic

Site Meter