Profile Picture

T86 Refresh and Restoration with R10

Posted By Daniel Jessup 10 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (3.8K reputation)Supercharged (3.8K reputation)Supercharged (3.8K reputation)Supercharged (3.8K reputation)Supercharged (3.8K reputation)Supercharged (3.8K reputation)Supercharged (3.8K reputation)Supercharged (3.8K reputation)Supercharged (3.8K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Yesterday
A fella from Iowa shipped a good little T86 and R10 to me a while back but the UPS neandrothals decided to play football with the box and contents. One of the ears was broken off and nowhere to be found because of the holes in the box. Dennis Leeking sold me a good empty case for the transmission and today I finally got around to disassembly.... complete disassembly. The tear down was not too difficult even though I had never disassembled any kind of manual transmission, but boy was it dirty work. The teeth and gears are all in excellent shape and the unit shows very little wear. It is cleaning up just fine. The irony in all this was what took me the longest to remove - would you believe the rear seal? It was a National brand seal, made of pure titanium Tongue. It took me 30 MINUTES to remove it! Seal puller, hammer, chisel, torch, screwdrivers, pry bars, vise, and finally an AIR CHISEL lol... but the bugger came out. Take a look at this thing.

http://i249.photobucket.com/albums/gg208/danaxjessup/100_0885_zpscce4b716.jpg
I still can't get the imaging to work even though I have this on another website...????

Let me try it this way...

sweet we are in business

Daniel Jessup

Lancaster, California

aka "The Hot Rod Reverend" w00t
check out the 1955 Ford Fairlane build at www.hotrodreverend.com

Reading This Topic

Site Meter