posting heads

http://forums.y-blocksforever.com/Topic154841.aspx
Print Topic | Close Window

By mikeT - 3 Years Ago
I found the post from Grovedawg on how he posted his G heads. Wondering if there are any more threads on adding posts?
By Ted - 3 Years Ago
See if some of these links help.  Grovedawg’s tutorial is also included in this list.

Advantages of posted heads
Identifying posted heads
Posting G heads (how to)
Posting G heads (tutorial)
Which cylinders to post
By LordMrFord - 3 Years Ago
Quite useless if not milled decks.
We ran high 8's with non posted heads with over 25 psi boost.
By mikeT - 3 Years Ago
Yes the decks will be milled also.
Thinking it might be helpful to add posts, as the heads are being reconditioned anyway ,I can do it myself and I might need to mill more than .025" to get the chambers down for compression?
By 55blacktie - 3 Years Ago
Lordmrford, how long did that engine last? Do you think it's a fair assumption that it will last 100,000 miles?
By Genuinerod - 3 Years Ago
LordMrFord --What happened to you guys?  Haven't seen any updates on your racing adventures.  Good to see you still on the site and welcome your input.
By LordMrFord - 3 Years Ago
100 miles might be closer.
Those heads are now spare heads because one cylinder took some hit. Not good but needs some work. 

We are been on hold couple of years now.
 Racing in national serie 7-8 years straight took toll and inspectors wanted to see SFI patch in our flywheel and bellhousing but those were modded pieces and hard to get new ones.
In next summer, Seppo's son, Roope races hollow Head dragster with Ford NA 429 Big Block because cubic inches are more reliable and cheaper. Jykä might run start or two.

Turbo Y-block is not broken but maybe needs some love and overhauling when someday somebody wants dump the Big Block off and get some serious power back.

Seppo builds dragster, Jykä his 57 STW and me 59 Galaxie, 63 Fairlane and keeping my 62 Falcon STW on slippery winter roads.

By Andy - 3 Years Ago
By Ted - 3 Years Ago
Andy.  Thanks for sharing the additional pictures of the ‘posting’ operation.  Having that threaded hole offset to the side is a ‘must’ as that added post must clear side of the intake port.