Profile Picture

Spun damper?

Posted By Daniel Jessup 17 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
Posted 17 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (3.8K reputation)Supercharged (3.8K reputation)Supercharged (3.8K reputation)Supercharged (3.8K reputation)Supercharged (3.8K reputation)Supercharged (3.8K reputation)Supercharged (3.8K reputation)Supercharged (3.8K reputation)Supercharged (3.8K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Yesterday
Anyone know what the degree angle for the TDC and the key way should be on a damper that has not spun? I have one off a motor here in my basement and was wondering if I could tell just by looking at the damper assembly by itself.

Daniel Jessup

Loveland, Ohio

aka "The Hot Rod Reverend" w00t
check out the 1955 Ford Fairlane build at www.hotrodreverend.com

speedpro56
Posted 17 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (1.7K reputation)Supercharged (1.7K reputation)Supercharged (1.7K reputation)Supercharged (1.7K reputation)Supercharged (1.7K reputation)Supercharged (1.7K reputation)Supercharged (1.7K reputation)Supercharged (1.7K reputation)Supercharged (1.7K reputation)

Last Active: Last Year
Dan, There are 3 spokes on the balancer. Put the keyway at 6:00 o'clock and the center of the spoke thats at the 10:00 o'clock position will be 12 degrees before tdc. Thats looking at the balancer from the front.Smile             

-Gary Burnette-

Ted
Posted 16 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Co-Administrator

Co-Administrator (12.5K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.5K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.5K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.5K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.5K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.5K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.5K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.5K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.5K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: 5 hours ago
Here’s the TDC mark detail as enlarged from the ATI print for the ATI Super Damper that they make for the Y-Block.  I’ve found that the TDC mark on the ATI damper comes in very close when using the factory timing tab so this should also work in identifying if the TDC mark has slipped on a factory damper.

Lorena, Texas (South of Waco)

Daniel Jessup
Posted 16 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (3.8K reputation)Supercharged (3.8K reputation)Supercharged (3.8K reputation)Supercharged (3.8K reputation)Supercharged (3.8K reputation)Supercharged (3.8K reputation)Supercharged (3.8K reputation)Supercharged (3.8K reputation)Supercharged (3.8K reputation)

Last Active: Yesterday
Thanks fellas, as always, asked and answered, and that with authority!

My dad has picked up a 55 F350, and we are gathering up some needed parts for a Y!

Dan

Daniel Jessup

Loveland, Ohio

aka "The Hot Rod Reverend" w00t
check out the 1955 Ford Fairlane build at www.hotrodreverend.com

Dennis K.
Posted 16 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (158 reputation)Supercharged (158 reputation)Supercharged (158 reputation)Supercharged (158 reputation)Supercharged (158 reputation)Supercharged (158 reputation)Supercharged (158 reputation)Supercharged (158 reputation)Supercharged (158 reputation)

Last Active: 3 Years Ago
Additional info:

Ford specification, including tolerance is:

108 deg 15 min - 107 deg 45 min

Regards,

Dennis

Y block Billy
Posted 16 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (2.4K reputation)Supercharged (2.4K reputation)Supercharged (2.4K reputation)Supercharged (2.4K reputation)Supercharged (2.4K reputation)Supercharged (2.4K reputation)Supercharged (2.4K reputation)Supercharged (2.4K reputation)Supercharged (2.4K reputation)

Last Active: 6 Years Ago
Daniel,

Could you email me at myrandci@fairpoint.net or phone me (207) 524-2393

I am the one that won the brake cables on ebay from you, I just recieved a call and have to leave on job in England and then over to Finland, I wont be home until the end of the month. I didn't want to pay twice as much for shipping as the parts went for so if you could just hold on to them for now I will take care of it when I return. snail mail is fine if you could get a price on that, my car is put up for the winter so I am in no rush.

Thanks,

Bill

55 Vicky & customline

58 Rack Dump, 55 F350 yard truck, 57 F100

59 & 61 P 400's, 58 F100 custom cab, 69 F100, 79 F150, 82 F600 ramp truck, 90 mustang conv 7 up, 94 Mustang, Should I continue?

Reading This Topic

Site Meter