Profile Picture

Oil Dip Stick

Posted By Richard 12 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
Posted 12 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (844 reputation)Supercharged (844 reputation)Supercharged (844 reputation)Supercharged (844 reputation)Supercharged (844 reputation)Supercharged (844 reputation)Supercharged (844 reputation)Supercharged (844 reputation)Supercharged (844 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 2 Months Ago
Is there an alternative to the 312 passenger car oil dip stick.
MoonShadow
Posted 12 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (7.4K reputation)Supercharged (7.4K reputation)Supercharged (7.4K reputation)Supercharged (7.4K reputation)Supercharged (7.4K reputation)Supercharged (7.4K reputation)Supercharged (7.4K reputation)Supercharged (7.4K reputation)Supercharged (7.4K reputation)

Last Active: 13 hours ago
Alternative how? Location or chrome? Chuck

Y's guys rule!
Looking for McCullouch VS57 brackets and parts. Also looking for 28 Chrysler series 72 parts. And early Hemi parts.

MoonShadow, 292 w/McCulloch, 28 Chrysler Roadster, 354 Hemi)
Manchester, New Hampshire
carl
Posted 12 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (2.4K reputation)Supercharged (2.4K reputation)Supercharged (2.4K reputation)Supercharged (2.4K reputation)Supercharged (2.4K reputation)Supercharged (2.4K reputation)Supercharged (2.4K reputation)Supercharged (2.4K reputation)Supercharged (2.4K reputation)

Last Active: 8 hours ago
i guess you could put a sight glass on it Carl w00t
MoonShadow
Posted 12 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (7.4K reputation)Supercharged (7.4K reputation)Supercharged (7.4K reputation)Supercharged (7.4K reputation)Supercharged (7.4K reputation)Supercharged (7.4K reputation)Supercharged (7.4K reputation)Supercharged (7.4K reputation)Supercharged (7.4K reputation)

Typical old Y-Blocks don't need a site glass. Just check how fresh the oil looks coming out of the rear main! Tongue Chuck

Y's guys rule!
Looking for McCullouch VS57 brackets and parts. Also looking for 28 Chrysler series 72 parts. And early Hemi parts.

Ted
Posted 12 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Co-Administrator

Co-Administrator (12.5K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.5K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.5K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.5K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.5K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.5K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.5K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.5K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.5K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: 3 hours ago
MoonShadow (10/28/2012)
Typical old Y-Blocks don't need a site glass. Just check how fresh the oil looks coming out of the rear main! Tongue Chuck
Chuck.  That would be funny if it wasn’t so true.  That’s like saying “Show me a Y Block that not leaking oil and I’ll show you a Y that’s out of oil” or “Don’t mind the oil spot, the Y is just marking its territory”.

Lorena, Texas (South of Waco)

Ted
Posted 12 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Co-Administrator

Co-Administrator (12.5K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.5K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.5K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.5K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.5K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.5K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.5K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.5K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.5K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: 3 hours ago
Richard (10/28/2012)
Here’s the Canton universal dipstick adapted to the Y.  By tapping the existing oil dipstick hole in the block to ¼” NPT, the universal dipstick fits right in place.  The top of the dipstick tube is then cut down until the oil level reads on the ‘full’ mark.  Works for either the front or rear mount dipstick locations.

Lorena, Texas (South of Waco)

MoonShadow
Posted 12 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Wasn't Mummert offering a stainless steel dip stick tube? I bought one online years ago and used a chrome dipstick from a Mopar. It was plenty long so I cut it down to match the original length and marked the full and quart low lines. Works for me. Chuck

Y's guys rule!

slick56
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (1.2K reputation)Supercharged (1.2K reputation)Supercharged (1.2K reputation)Supercharged (1.2K reputation)Supercharged (1.2K reputation)Supercharged (1.2K reputation)Supercharged (1.2K reputation)Supercharged (1.2K reputation)Supercharged (1.2K reputation)

Last Active: Last Year
Ted (10/29/2012)
MoonShadow (10/28/2012)
Chuck.  That would be funny if it wasn’t so true.  That’s like saying “Show me a Y Block that not leaking oil and I’ll show you a Y that’s out of oil” or “Don’t mind the oil spot, the Y is just marking its territory”.

On the Bsa Rocket i used to have, i would explain that it was "oozing nostalgia"

South Australia

Outlaw56
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (924 reputation)Supercharged (924 reputation)Supercharged (924 reputation)Supercharged (924 reputation)Supercharged (924 reputation)Supercharged (924 reputation)Supercharged (924 reputation)Supercharged (924 reputation)Supercharged (924 reputation)

Last Active: Last Year
Ted (10/29/2012)
Richard (10/28/2012)
Here’s the Canton universal dipstick adapted to the Y.  By tapping the existing oil dipstick hole in the block to ¼” NPT, the universal dipstick fits right in place.  The top of the dipstick tube is then cut down until the oil level reads on the ‘full’ mark.  Works for either the front or rear mount dipstick locations.

Obviously this would have to be done when the engine is apart or at least the oil pan off?

Darrell Howard Whitefish, MT Outlaw 56 Ford F-100's

Reading This Topic

Site Meter