Profile Picture

Relieving a C2AE block

Posted By Rono 13 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
Posted 13 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)

Group: Moderators
Last Active: 35 minutes ago
What about those slots running from side to side (top to bottom in the picture)? Do they help accelerate the mixture toward the plug?

Lawrenceville, GA
Ted
Posted 13 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Co-Administrator

Co-Administrator (12.5K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.5K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.5K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.5K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.5K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.5K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.5K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.5K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.5K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: Yesterday

The straight slots are there to help direct the compressed air/fuel mixture towards the spark plugs from the quench area.  These are typically used as a detonation deterrent.

Lorena, Texas (South of Waco)

Rono
Posted 13 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (2.5K reputation)Supercharged (2.5K reputation)Supercharged (2.5K reputation)Supercharged (2.5K reputation)Supercharged (2.5K reputation)Supercharged (2.5K reputation)Supercharged (2.5K reputation)Supercharged (2.5K reputation)Supercharged (2.5K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Last Month
Well, after alot of discussion with myself and others, I decided to go ahead with relieveing my C2AE block along with some other mods for this blower application. I didn't have a piston that was a good fit for the bores, so I made a template out of a hardwood block for a guide while using the carbide cutter. I think it worked out pretty well. I also drilled out the hole for the early style road draft tube using a 1&1/4" carbide tipped hole saw, removed the ridges and polished the center 3 main webs and ground off the casting marks and polished the area around the distributor hole for easy cleaning. I'm on a roll nowBigGrin

Rono

http://forums.y-blocksforever.com/uploads/images/4a19e870-e870-4f63-a0a4-db5b.jpg  Ron Lane,  Meridian, ID

Reading This Topic

Site Meter