Profile Picture

Damper/pulley removal

Posted By gocats65 14 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
Posted 14 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
First Time Poster

First Time Poster (3 reputation)First Time Poster (3 reputation)First Time Poster (3 reputation)First Time Poster (3 reputation)First Time Poster (3 reputation)First Time Poster (3 reputation)First Time Poster (3 reputation)First Time Poster (3 reputation)First Time Poster (3 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 14 Years Ago
Hey guys... I have a damper/pulley assembly from a '55 T-Bird I would like to have rebuilt. I have taken the main bolt out, but how do i pull the damper without damaging the pulley flanges? Which tool? Thanks, DG
Ted
Posted 14 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Co-Administrator

Co-Administrator (12.6K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.6K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.6K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.6K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.6K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.6K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.6K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.6K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.6K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: 5 days ago

The universal damper removal tools will not work on the Thunderbird dampers.  Here’s a pic of the tool I made several years ago specific to removing the T-Bird dampers before having a Ford service tool donated to the cause that also works for this purpose.

And here’s a pic of the Ford service tool mentioned above.  Whether this tool is specific for this purpose or is adapted I can’t say but works well for the ‘Bird damper pulling.

Lorena, Texas (South of Waco)

Reading This Topic

Site Meter