Profile Picture

Hey Steve

Posted By Eddie Paskey 13 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
Posted 13 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (294 reputation)Supercharged (294 reputation)Supercharged (294 reputation)Supercharged (294 reputation)Supercharged (294 reputation)Supercharged (294 reputation)Supercharged (294 reputation)Supercharged (294 reputation)Supercharged (294 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 11 Years Ago
Hey Steve,,    I know you did a lot of research on what PVC vale to run on your rig.  Have a little trouble getting idle right.  Believe the PVC valve is not right.  Running 4177 Holley, right now running 67 primary jets will go back to 71s seemed to be better, also using secondarys to control idle.  331 stroker, John's heads, Engle Cam #EP-20-Cam lift 321--duration 231--  lobe centers 110.   Blue Thrunder.   Pvc valve that I'm using is for a 289 Mustang. Maybe too big??     Thanks for all the help thru the years.   Still the Best site!!!    God Bless    Eddie

Eddie

Lake Forest, Ca. 92630

Threaded View

Threaded View
Forum Post Hey Steve By Eddie Paskey ( 13 Years Ago )
Forum Post Hey Eddie! I started with the same as you and found it passed too much... By oldcarmark ( 13 Years Ago )
Forum Post Thanks Mark, I pickup a 4cyl. valve. Will let you know. Many... By Eddie Paskey ( 13 Years Ago )
Forum Post I've been away from my computer Eddie and overlooked your note..... I... By GREENBIRD56 ( 13 Years Ago )
Forum Post Steve;; Thank You for returning the email. Think I'll go with... By Eddie Paskey ( 13 Years Ago )
Forum Post Let me ask you guys I am having idle problems too. I am running a 292... By Riz ( 13 Years Ago )
Forum Post I used one for a GM 305 in the past and it worked fine. I can't... By charliemccraney ( 13 Years Ago )
Forum Post Riz - The troubles we were dealing with (downsizing the PCV) are a... By GREENBIRD56 ( 13 Years Ago )
Forum Post Steve
Thanks very much for the advice, this is my first y block....
By Riz ( 13 Years Ago )
Forum Post I have a similar idle problem with my other hobby car. 65 Mustang with... By slumlord444 ( 13 Years Ago )
Forum Post Riz, Steve, Just a thought. With the addition of the pcv to... By pegleg ( 13 Years Ago )
Forum Post Riz - Are you running the Mallory distributor (p/n 3738701)? Their... By GREENBIRD56 ( 13 Years Ago )
Forum Post Steve,

Awesome info that is the distributor I am using. I...
By Riz ( 13 Years Ago )
Forum Post An observation most modern engines have a sealed crankase. The... By Don Woodruff ( 13 Years Ago )
Forum Post I had the same problem initially with my PCV-rattling like crazy at... By oldcarmark ( 13 Years Ago )
Forum Post [quote][b]Don Woodruff (12/23/2011)[/b][hr]An observation most modern... By DANIEL TINDER ( 13 Years Ago )
Forum Post I am thinking I have partial issues of all the above. In addition to... By Riz ( 13 Years Ago )
Forum Post There were "sealed up" systems on several vehicles I've owned - where... By GREENBIRD56 ( 13 Years Ago )
Forum Post Ok played a little with the timing and got it set at 12 deg. Helped... By Riz ( 13 Years Ago )
Forum Post Have you tried hooking up a vacuum gauge and see what kind of reading... By oldcarmark ( 13 Years Ago )
Forum Post Riz - Seems to me you ought to just start plugging things until you... By GREENBIRD56 ( 13 Years Ago )
Forum Post Steve,

I think you are right just start with process of...
By Riz ( 13 Years Ago )
Forum Post Just arranged to borrow a gage this week my last one got borrowed and... By Riz ( 13 Years Ago )
Forum Post Turns out I found the leak in the hard line tucked under the hold... By Riz ( 12 Years Ago )
Forum Post Axial travel of a distributor shaft will cause a "jumping" signal as... By GREENBIRD56 ( 12 Years Ago )
Forum Post Ok I was wondering how it went from decent timing but not optimal to... By Riz ( 12 Years Ago )

Reading This Topic

Site Meter