Profile Picture

New home for Hilborn injected Y Block

Posted By RB 13 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
Posted 13 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (2.4K reputation)Supercharged (2.4K reputation)Supercharged (2.4K reputation)Supercharged (2.4K reputation)Supercharged (2.4K reputation)Supercharged (2.4K reputation)Supercharged (2.4K reputation)Supercharged (2.4K reputation)Supercharged (2.4K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 6 Years Ago
Way too cool Royce, now since you let us in on your secrets, what has Jerry been working on lately?

55 Vicky & customline

58 Rack Dump, 55 F350 yard truck, 57 F100

59 & 61 P 400's, 58 F100 custom cab, 69 F100, 79 F150, 82 F600 ramp truck, 90 mustang conv 7 up, 94 Mustang, Should I continue?

martyk98
Posted 13 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (403 reputation)Supercharged (403 reputation)Supercharged (403 reputation)Supercharged (403 reputation)Supercharged (403 reputation)Supercharged (403 reputation)Supercharged (403 reputation)Supercharged (403 reputation)Supercharged (403 reputation)

Last Active: Last Year
Any reason for passing by the 368 Block? I have three, one which was raced in the early 60's. Believe it or not, actually bored out .200 over. Roller cam, hilborn FI. Acording to the articles, has some success back in MI or WI area.
RB
Posted 13 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (1.3K reputation)Supercharged (1.3K reputation)Supercharged (1.3K reputation)Supercharged (1.3K reputation)Supercharged (1.3K reputation)Supercharged (1.3K reputation)Supercharged (1.3K reputation)Supercharged (1.3K reputation)Supercharged (1.3K reputation)

Last Active: Last Month
Marty, Would love to see some pictures of your Lincolns.. I had heard people talk about a racing Lincoln like you describe, but never any specifics about what kind of racing.. Do you have any history? A full on Lincoln race engine is a rare find.

I have not abandoned Lincolns, The motor that was in the Warbird is going in a 56 Mercury, and I am assembling a Lincoln race engine to put back in the dragster

A write up about your engine would make a great article for Y Block Magazine.. Bruce Young is always looking for new material
martyk98
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (403 reputation)Supercharged (403 reputation)Supercharged (403 reputation)Supercharged (403 reputation)Supercharged (403 reputation)Supercharged (403 reputation)Supercharged (403 reputation)Supercharged (403 reputation)Supercharged (403 reputation)

Royce- I just uncovered all the old racing photos that came with the 368 engines I bought from George Sawallich, son of Al Sawallich. Race car builder in 40's and 50's and through some of the 60's. I would be glad to send them to anyone you recommend that would keep them for posterity. I don't think George is that old where he might be located for additional information. 
yalincoln
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (573 reputation)Supercharged (573 reputation)Supercharged (573 reputation)Supercharged (573 reputation)Supercharged (573 reputation)Supercharged (573 reputation)Supercharged (573 reputation)Supercharged (573 reputation)Supercharged (573 reputation)

HEY MARTY IS THERE ANY WAY YOU CAN POST THEM ON THIS SITE SO WE CAN ALL SEE THEM? ALSO RICK MARTIN WOULD BE A GOOD PERSON TO SEND THEM TO!

lincoln/merc. y-blocks &mel's                                                               bucyrus, ohio.
RB
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (1.3K reputation)Supercharged (1.3K reputation)Supercharged (1.3K reputation)Supercharged (1.3K reputation)Supercharged (1.3K reputation)Supercharged (1.3K reputation)Supercharged (1.3K reputation)Supercharged (1.3K reputation)Supercharged (1.3K reputation)

Marty, you could send them to me and I can look them over and share them with others.

Royce Brechler
7153 Country Beautiful Lane
Stevens Point Wi. 54482
martyk98
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Royce, sorry for my long absence, I abandoned MEL engines and restored a 64 Country Squire which I just sold.  Now I'm waiting for my 54 Monterey to show up from Missouri.  256 Y block.  I bought two 368 engines from Sowallich. One had never been rebuilt and the other was obviously prepped for racing. It had .100 over pistons, home made throttle linkage where your foot would go through the firewall, Hilborn FI, Vertex Mag, etc. When I opened the race engine up it looked like it hadn't even made a lap around a dirt track before failing.  It was obvious two of the cylinder walls were "egged". The FI unit was supposed to go on the unmolested engine after a good rebuild. I had intentions of adding 351 EFI under the Hilborn and had aluminum blocks milled to the correct specs to do so.  I lost interest in the project due to the fact that my Lincoln Mk II was running good and trying to make a faster car didn't make much sense not really knowing how strong the rest of the drive train was. Two piece drive line, stock tranny and rear end, any problems I would incur would be costly let alone the rest of the tech part of this kind of build. So I let everything sit, fresh block, FI unit, and all.  I finally got tired of looking at the block after selling the Mark II to Harold LeMay's son here in Tacoma, WA. The 368 went to a good home in Texas where a builder was putting it in a 39 Zephr. I still have all the speed equipment.
RB
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Marty.. I would be interested in the speed equipment...  My email is brechlrl@charter.net
martyk98
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

For those interested in the pictures I have, hang in there, I've misplaced them and am on the prowl looking for them.

Reading This Topic

Site Meter