Profile Picture

CNC ported aluminumheads

Posted By John Mummert 13 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
Posted 13 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (1.6K reputation)Supercharged (1.6K reputation)Supercharged (1.6K reputation)Supercharged (1.6K reputation)Supercharged (1.6K reputation)Supercharged (1.6K reputation)Supercharged (1.6K reputation)Supercharged (1.6K reputation)Supercharged (1.6K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 7 days ago
Keith, since you were asking for ported heads we are figuring to do yours as part of the CNC run.

The porting shop is taking data off the sample head now. We expect to deliver the partially machined castings to them sometime next week. I'm not certain exactly how fast they can finish their work but it sounds like no more than 2 weeks.

It appears that we will need to do the CNC ported heads 10 pairs at a time. This means that after we run this initial batch through there will be some lead time until the following batch.

http://ford-y-block.com 

20 miles east of San Diego, 20 miles north of Mexico

http://forums.y-blocksforever.com/uploads/images/2c0ef4dd-5dd8-408e-ba0d-74f6.jpg

ScottY
Posted 13 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Normally aspirated

Normally aspirated (40 reputation)Normally aspirated (40 reputation)Normally aspirated (40 reputation)Normally aspirated (40 reputation)Normally aspirated (40 reputation)Normally aspirated (40 reputation)Normally aspirated (40 reputation)Normally aspirated (40 reputation)Normally aspirated (40 reputation)

Last Active: 11 Years Ago
Hi John,

Scotty here from Australia, I placed and paid a deposit for a set of your heads, back when you asked for the first lot, I said at the time i was not in a rush, and still prepared to wait some more, as I would like to put my hand up for a set of the CNC,d heads please, as I plan to be using them with a roots blower set-up. These things just keep getting better don't they guys, WOW!

"MY TWO BOBS WORTH!" (Twenty Cents AUD)

Y-BLOCKS ROCK!!!!!

y 32 3 window
Posted 13 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Hitting on all eight cylinders

Hitting on all eight cylinders (12 reputation)Hitting on all eight cylinders (12 reputation)Hitting on all eight cylinders (12 reputation)Hitting on all eight cylinders (12 reputation)Hitting on all eight cylinders (12 reputation)Hitting on all eight cylinders (12 reputation)Hitting on all eight cylinders (12 reputation)Hitting on all eight cylinders (12 reputation)Hitting on all eight cylinders (12 reputation)

Last Active: 13 Years Ago
John Mummert (4/14/2011)
Keith, since you were asking for ported heads we are figuring to do yours as part of the CNC run.

The porting shop is taking data off the sample head now. We expect to deliver the partially machined castings to them sometime next week. I'm not certain exactly how fast they can finish their work but it sounds like no more than 2 weeks.

It appears that we will need to do the CNC ported heads 10 pairs at a time. This means that after we run this initial batch through there will be some lead time until the following batch.

Sounds good John,let me know when they are done,& ship them directly to Ted.

John Mummert
Posted 13 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (1.6K reputation)Supercharged (1.6K reputation)Supercharged (1.6K reputation)Supercharged (1.6K reputation)Supercharged (1.6K reputation)Supercharged (1.6K reputation)Supercharged (1.6K reputation)Supercharged (1.6K reputation)Supercharged (1.6K reputation)

ScottY, I've put you on the list for port work.

I hope you've got good parts in that short block!

http://forums.y-blocksforever.com/uploads/images/2c0ef4dd-5dd8-408e-ba0d-74f6.jpg

speedpro56
Posted 13 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (1.7K reputation)Supercharged (1.7K reputation)Supercharged (1.7K reputation)Supercharged (1.7K reputation)Supercharged (1.7K reputation)Supercharged (1.7K reputation)Supercharged (1.7K reputation)Supercharged (1.7K reputation)Supercharged (1.7K reputation)

Last Active: Last Year
CNC porting sounds good to me John, lets see the y-blocks wake up with a real GROWL!!!

-Gary Burnette-

yblockpinto312
Posted 13 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Turbocharged

Turbocharged (63 reputation)Turbocharged (63 reputation)Turbocharged (63 reputation)Turbocharged (63 reputation)Turbocharged (63 reputation)Turbocharged (63 reputation)Turbocharged (63 reputation)Turbocharged (63 reputation)Turbocharged (63 reputation)

Last Active: 8 Years Ago
John, I know you were working on manifolds a week or two ago, are you back on heads now? (not that I want to get pushy, or anything) It seems I`m going faster this spring than last fall. A pair of those heads would REALLY wake things up.    (just dreaming)

Greg Dietrich Mt.Morris Il
John Mummert
Posted 13 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Greg, we have done the first operation on the intakes we have. Still need to do 2nd op on about 28 more. Than back to heads.

We will be shipping some heads soon but we still don't have enough castings to cover everyone.

We are converting the core boxes for the heads so the sand cores can be made @ Edelbrock. This will save time on future orders and the other core shop was beating the boxes to death. Unbelievable how core shops and foundries treat patterns and core boxes! They seem to consider them sacrificial. 

Finally got the timing cover pattern to a new foundry on Thursday so sometime this summer we will get some castings.

While in Santa Fe Springs I finally got to see the new lathe I bought in December! Just loaded the old one on a flatbed so we finally have room for the new one.Smile

marvh
Posted 13 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (615 reputation)Supercharged (615 reputation)Supercharged (615 reputation)Supercharged (615 reputation)Supercharged (615 reputation)Supercharged (615 reputation)Supercharged (615 reputation)Supercharged (615 reputation)Supercharged (615 reputation)

Last Active: Last Year
Nice to see the timing cover will be available in the future. Have to save my pennies for one.

John (or anyone) have you ever considered modifying the timing covers for water flow as the Fase II Argentine covers are.
Here is a link to previous post I did and did get much response.

http://www.y-blocksforever.com/forums/Topic55718-3-1.aspx

Just wondering your thoughts or if someone have done some experimentation.

marv

Glen Henderson
Posted 13 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (1.8K reputation)Supercharged (1.8K reputation)Supercharged (1.8K reputation)Supercharged (1.8K reputation)Supercharged (1.8K reputation)Supercharged (1.8K reputation)Supercharged (1.8K reputation)Supercharged (1.8K reputation)Supercharged (1.8K reputation)

Last Active: 8 Years Ago
Again John, let me say thanks for all that you are doing. Look forward too the timing covers!

Glen Henderson

Freedom is not Free

Letohatchee, AL
Don Woodruff
Posted 13 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (190 reputation)Supercharged (190 reputation)Supercharged (190 reputation)Supercharged (190 reputation)Supercharged (190 reputation)Supercharged (190 reputation)Supercharged (190 reputation)Supercharged (190 reputation)Supercharged (190 reputation)

Last Active: 11 Years Ago
I too am looking forward to purchasing an aluminum timing cover, apparently there is a pent up demand.

Don W 

Reading This Topic

Site Meter