New Mallory Distributor for 1957 Thunderbird with 312 V8

Posted By SDBirdman 13 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!

New Mallory Distributor for 1957 Thunderbird with 312 V8

Author
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
First Time Poster

First Time Poster (2 reputation)First Time Poster (2 reputation)First Time Poster (2 reputation)First Time Poster (2 reputation)First Time Poster (2 reputation)First Time Poster (2 reputation)First Time Poster (2 reputation)First Time Poster (2 reputation)First Time Poster (2 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 6 Years Ago
I'm rebuilding my 1957 T-Bird's 312 Y-Block and the distributor is full of metal shavings/powder.
Yes, it's a tach-drive distributor.
It appears that the top bushing (closest to the cap) has failed and the entire distributor will need replaced/rebuilt.
But I've heard bad reviews on the rebuild places.
Anyone know where to get one - affordably?
Your help is appreciated!
Ted
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Co-Administrator

Co-Administrator (12.5K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.5K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.5K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.5K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.5K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.5K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.5K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.5K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.5K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: Yesterday
cocowyo (11/26/2018)
I'm rebuilding my 1957 T-Bird's 312 Y-Block and the distributor is full of metal shavings/powder.
Yes, it's a tach-drive distributor.
It appears that the top bushing (closest to the cap) has failed and the entire distributor will need replaced/rebuilt.
But I've heard bad reviews on the rebuild places.
Anyone know where to get one - affordably?
Your help is appreciated!

Starting a new post with a more accurate title rather than attaching your inquiry to a seven year old post will possibly get more responses.  Try putting the post in the Technical section.  A title suggestion would be “Who rebuilds distributors?”.

Lorena, Texas (South of Waco)

Reading This Topic

Site Meter