Profile Picture

Anticipated power gains with the new aluminum heads?

Posted By Ted 15 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
Posted 13 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (980 reputation)Supercharged (980 reputation)Supercharged (980 reputation)Supercharged (980 reputation)Supercharged (980 reputation)Supercharged (980 reputation)Supercharged (980 reputation)Supercharged (980 reputation)Supercharged (980 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 5 Years Ago
Eddie,

What intake are you using? Those are very good numbers.

57 Black Tbird 312/auto

Eddie Paskey
Posted 13 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (294 reputation)Supercharged (294 reputation)Supercharged (294 reputation)Supercharged (294 reputation)Supercharged (294 reputation)Supercharged (294 reputation)Supercharged (294 reputation)Supercharged (294 reputation)Supercharged (294 reputation)

Last Active: 11 Years Ago
Hey Mark;    Blue Thrunder, put on about 4 years ago, been happy with it.  Would say John's is better because of all the new tech.   Thanks for your interest!!     God Bless    Eddie

Eddie

Lake Forest, Ca. 92630

Ted
Posted 13 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Co-Administrator

Co-Administrator (12.5K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.5K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.5K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.5K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.5K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.5K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.5K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.5K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.5K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: Yesterday

Eddie.  For rear wheel horsepower numbers being converted to flywheel horsepower numbers, I’ll typically add 15% for standard transmissions and 20% for automatic transmissions.  But all automatics are not the same and that 20% value could be higher depending upon the drag being generated within the tranny.   These are just estimates though and will vary depending upon the exact application and the particular chassis dyno being used.

Regardless of the conversion math being used, you have before and after chassis dyno numbers and that’s a healthy increase.  Definitely something that can be felt when you drive the car.

Lorena, Texas (South of Waco)

yblockpinto312
Posted 13 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Turbocharged

Turbocharged (63 reputation)Turbocharged (63 reputation)Turbocharged (63 reputation)Turbocharged (63 reputation)Turbocharged (63 reputation)Turbocharged (63 reputation)Turbocharged (63 reputation)Turbocharged (63 reputation)Turbocharged (63 reputation)

Last Active: 8 Years Ago
Wally was out Sat, 7/16, after he put a new bearing in his T-10, (with some slick shifting mods) He went 12.36 off the trailer. Feeling good, He then ran 12.18, 12.16 12.11 @ almost 114! If you guys think He was smiling before............. 

Greg Dietrich Mt.Morris Il
Eddie Paskey
Posted 13 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (294 reputation)Supercharged (294 reputation)Supercharged (294 reputation)Supercharged (294 reputation)Supercharged (294 reputation)Supercharged (294 reputation)Supercharged (294 reputation)Supercharged (294 reputation)Supercharged (294 reputation)

Last Active: 11 Years Ago
Hey Ted;   The place that we had the cars ran on the dyno is Superior Automotive and Performance, in Orange County, Ca.   They are using a Dynojet for the in ground rear wheel dyno, and a DTS engine dyno.   Just thpught you would like to know.    Again Many thanks to everyone on the site, the knowledge and sharing of ideas is FANTASTIC!!!      God Bless    Eddie

Eddie

Lake Forest, Ca. 92630

yblockpinto312
Posted 13 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Turbocharged

Turbocharged (63 reputation)Turbocharged (63 reputation)Turbocharged (63 reputation)Turbocharged (63 reputation)Turbocharged (63 reputation)Turbocharged (63 reputation)Turbocharged (63 reputation)Turbocharged (63 reputation)Turbocharged (63 reputation)

John, thanks for your effort. I got those babys on and went to Cordova Aug 27. One time run and we went to War. To say those heads picked up the program would be an under statement. I lost in the 6th rnd (6 cars left) by .002. Close! My motor sounds totally differant. I`m 3 tenths quicker, 4mph faster. These are really fine units. Thanks again!  

John Mummert
Posted 13 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (1.6K reputation)Supercharged (1.6K reputation)Supercharged (1.6K reputation)Supercharged (1.6K reputation)Supercharged (1.6K reputation)Supercharged (1.6K reputation)Supercharged (1.6K reputation)Supercharged (1.6K reputation)Supercharged (1.6K reputation)

Last Active: 2 days ago
Greg, that's great news! Glad to hear you found time to get them on the motor before Columbus, but I figured you would.

Any 10 second runs yet?

http://ford-y-block.com 

20 miles east of San Diego, 20 miles north of Mexico

http://forums.y-blocksforever.com/uploads/images/2c0ef4dd-5dd8-408e-ba0d-74f6.jpg

yblockpinto312
Posted 13 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Turbocharged

John, no 10 sec runs yet. I ran 4 11.09s in a row sat 9/24. Broke out with a 11.081 on the 09 dail. The other guy was .008 under so again I got nipped by a thou. It`s still stinging.

yblockpinto312
Posted 13 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Turbocharged

John, I went to Byron today for the last time this year hoping the cool fall air would produce a 10 sec time slip. The Pinto run 3 11.06`s, no 10`s. I needed a tail wind. O well, we`ll work hard this winter, maybe next year.   

RB
Posted 13 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (1.3K reputation)Supercharged (1.3K reputation)Supercharged (1.3K reputation)Supercharged (1.3K reputation)Supercharged (1.3K reputation)Supercharged (1.3K reputation)Supercharged (1.3K reputation)Supercharged (1.3K reputation)Supercharged (1.3K reputation)

Last Active: 3 Months Ago
Greg, just a little bit of massaging on those heads and you are in the 10s for sure

Reading This Topic

Site Meter