Profile Picture

Neutral Switch

Posted By Skyliner57 2 Weeks Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
Posted 2 Weeks Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (88 reputation)Supercharged (88 reputation)Supercharged (88 reputation)Supercharged (88 reputation)Supercharged (88 reputation)Supercharged (88 reputation)Supercharged (88 reputation)Supercharged (88 reputation)Supercharged (88 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 2 days ago
I recently purchased a 1956 Ford Victoria, 312, auto trans. The power steering was updated to a Borgeson, the neutral switch was removed. Looking for some ideas on how to install a factory or aftermarket switch? Thanks.
miker
Posted 2 Weeks Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (4.0K reputation)Supercharged (4.0K reputation)Supercharged (4.0K reputation)Supercharged (4.0K reputation)Supercharged (4.0K reputation)Supercharged (4.0K reputation)Supercharged (4.0K reputation)Supercharged (4.0K reputation)Supercharged (4.0K reputation)

Last Active: 5 days ago
Probably most of us aren’t familiar with the Borgeson box, or how yours was done, so a picture would really help. How’s it drive?

miker
55 bird, 32 cabrio F code
Kent, WA
Tucson, AZ
KULTULZ
Posted Last Week
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (3.7K reputation)Supercharged (3.7K reputation)Supercharged (3.7K reputation)Supercharged (3.7K reputation)Supercharged (3.7K reputation)Supercharged (3.7K reputation)Supercharged (3.7K reputation)Supercharged (3.7K reputation)Supercharged (3.7K reputation)

Last Active: 4 hours ago
The installer left the OEM NSS out of the install -

• http://forums.y-blocksforever.com/uploads/images/e8035fe3-ca23-4fc5-a008-4432.jpg

Skyliner57
Posted Last Week
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (88 reputation)Supercharged (88 reputation)Supercharged (88 reputation)Supercharged (88 reputation)Supercharged (88 reputation)Supercharged (88 reputation)Supercharged (88 reputation)Supercharged (88 reputation)Supercharged (88 reputation)

Thanks. the photo from KULTULZ is correct-better than I can provide as I have a power brake booster hiding this view.
The issue with the Borgeson converson is the loss of several inches of the steering column. To include the horn wire.
So, I have the bracket, still on little bit of column left. I have a new switch in a box but I do not know how to wire or install. All help is appreciated.
Thanks.
KULTULZ
Posted Last Week
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (3.7K reputation)Supercharged (3.7K reputation)Supercharged (3.7K reputation)Supercharged (3.7K reputation)Supercharged (3.7K reputation)Supercharged (3.7K reputation)Supercharged (3.7K reputation)Supercharged (3.7K reputation)Supercharged (3.7K reputation)

The car is an automatic? The swap will not work with a standard on the tree.

Unsure

Well, that question was dumb-a$$ (get him old age).

Is the harness to the NSS still there are did they cut it out?

Skyliner57
Posted 2 Weeks Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

There is no harness---or wires that are waiting to be used.
KULTULZ
Posted 2 Weeks Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Here is an ILL of the NSS SW mounting -

http://forums.y-blocksforever.com/uploads/images/9b07d487-4770-44c8-8274-7660.png

The wires are inside of the under-hood main lamp harness (14308 shown) if they have been cut-off -

The ILL won't load.

The horn wire will have to be wired as was done in the 58 FORD. The signal wire will be routed down the TSS SW harness and from there to the horn relay.

Did you buy the car with the changeover or did you have it done? There is a member @ FORD BARN that bought a 56 that had the conversion and the install was a nightmare (and there is no reason for it).

Let me know if anything else is needed.

2nd TRY on schematic -

http://forums.y-blocksforever.com/uploads/images/d2ed8563-c635-4b06-b6b0-6853.png

You'll see where both the NSS and BRAKE LAMP SW harness come off the main harness.

You might want to consider finding a vehicle wiring schematic for the car.

Skyliner57
Posted Last Week
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Thank you. The wires under the dash are a mess. An updated radio was added and most of the connections are connected with wire nuts.  I will see if I can find some wires looking for a home.  Thanks for the offer to help. I may be coming back to you.

Reading This Topic

Site Meter