Profile Picture

ebay distributor

Posted By silent rick 3 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (3.4K reputation)Supercharged (3.4K reputation)Supercharged (3.4K reputation)Supercharged (3.4K reputation)Supercharged (3.4K reputation)Supercharged (3.4K reputation)Supercharged (3.4K reputation)Supercharged (3.4K reputation)Supercharged (3.4K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Yesterday
So you are just wanting a standard rebuild, no fancy race car stuff?

You would need to find a service such as this - https://ignitionengineering.com/distributor-rebuilding.html

or, re-bush it yourself. It is fully described in the SHOP MANUAL. Just don't let it go to the core barrel.

KULTULZ
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (3.4K reputation)Supercharged (3.4K reputation)Supercharged (3.4K reputation)Supercharged (3.4K reputation)Supercharged (3.4K reputation)Supercharged (3.4K reputation)Supercharged (3.4K reputation)Supercharged (3.4K reputation)Supercharged (3.4K reputation)

Maybe this will help with the explanation of GM HEI and the cloning by the aftermarket (cheap and easy) as most DIST HSNGS most likely are cast (possibly machined) by one manufacturer in CHINA.-

There are two types of HEI DIST used, according to fit and need in GM vehicles, the HEI (coil in cap) and the DUAL POWER (free-standing coil). While both are cloned by the aftermarket, the DUAL POWER design seems to prevail in the FORD style, even though you will see the coil-in-cap design also.

http://forums.y-blocksforever.com/uploads/images/bc4afc27-fed0-4931-b467-70c2.jpg

http://forums.y-blocksforever.com/uploads/images/65b8e0ae-129f-44ef-b63c-fc6e.jpg

This is what I was trying to get across. Wether you use one is entirely your business, but I believe some would want to know. Maybe ask the seller if DELCO parts will fit as the CHI-COM will most likely a have a higher failure rate and most likely the DELCO service parts will have a better purchase price and warranty.

silent rick
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (159 reputation)Supercharged (159 reputation)Supercharged (159 reputation)Supercharged (159 reputation)Supercharged (159 reputation)Supercharged (159 reputation)Supercharged (159 reputation)Supercharged (159 reputation)Supercharged (159 reputation)

Last Active: Last Year
the distributor is made by TSP. top street performance pro series also makes the tbird with tach drive that Ted mentioned earlier

https://www.topstreetperformance.com/products/ignition/pro-series-ignition/pro-series-ready-to-run-distributor-ford-y-block-tach-drive.html

55blacktie
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (2.4K reputation)Supercharged (2.4K reputation)Supercharged (2.4K reputation)Supercharged (2.4K reputation)Supercharged (2.4K reputation)Supercharged (2.4K reputation)Supercharged (2.4K reputation)Supercharged (2.4K reputation)Supercharged (2.4K reputation)

Last Active: 2 minutes ago
I suggest that you go back and read Ted's earlier test/evaluation of the off-shore electronic, mechanical tach-drive distributor. His findings were positive. Long term? Who knows. But no matter where a part is made, once the warranty expires, you are stuck if there's a problem. Baseless opinions only prejudice people. 
silent rick
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (159 reputation)Supercharged (159 reputation)Supercharged (159 reputation)Supercharged (159 reputation)Supercharged (159 reputation)Supercharged (159 reputation)Supercharged (159 reputation)Supercharged (159 reputation)Supercharged (159 reputation)

Last Active: Last Year
55blacktie (4/16/2021)
I suggest that you go back and read Ted's earlier test/evaluation of the off-shore electronic, mechanical tach-drive distributor. His findings were positive. Long term? Who knows. But no matter where a part is made, once the warranty expires, you are stuck if there's a problem. Baseless opinions only prejudice people. 

do you have a link to it?

Joe-JDC
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (1.8K reputation)Supercharged (1.8K reputation)Supercharged (1.8K reputation)Supercharged (1.8K reputation)Supercharged (1.8K reputation)Supercharged (1.8K reputation)Supercharged (1.8K reputation)Supercharged (1.8K reputation)Supercharged (1.8K reputation)

Last Active: 50 minutes ago
https://www.bing.com/search?q=crt+distributors&form=ANSPH1&refig=1383d8263337424ca355cf15015de1d2&pc=U531&sp=1&qs=AS&pq=crt+distributors&sc=8-16&cvid=1383d8263337424ca355cf15015de1d2#

JDC
55blacktie
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (2.4K reputation)Supercharged (2.4K reputation)Supercharged (2.4K reputation)Supercharged (2.4K reputation)Supercharged (2.4K reputation)Supercharged (2.4K reputation)Supercharged (2.4K reputation)Supercharged (2.4K reputation)Supercharged (2.4K reputation)

Last Active: 2 minutes ago
Go to "Technical" and scroll down to "Thunderbird Distributor I.D. Help."
paul2748
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (6.5K reputation)Supercharged (6.5K reputation)Supercharged (6.5K reputation)Supercharged (6.5K reputation)Supercharged (6.5K reputation)Supercharged (6.5K reputation)Supercharged (6.5K reputation)Supercharged (6.5K reputation)Supercharged (6.5K reputation)

Are you looking for some one to repair your distributor?  I have a couple of names, one that did some work for me.

PF Arcand (4/16/2021)
Am I missing something here?  Probably!  But going to the Summit site & at well over $300 U.S. just for the Cap & rotor assembly, stll leaves me with a worn bushing Distributor that I don't want to trade in to Cardone, after the problems they have gone thru with their rebuilts. So, now what  ??      

54 Victoria 312;  48 Ford Conv 302, 56 Bird 312
Forever Ford
Midland Park, NJ

PF Arcand
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (5.3K reputation)Supercharged (5.3K reputation)Supercharged (5.3K reputation)Supercharged (5.3K reputation)Supercharged (5.3K reputation)Supercharged (5.3K reputation)Supercharged (5.3K reputation)Supercharged (5.3K reputation)Supercharged (5.3K reputation)

Last Active: 2 Months Ago
Kultutz & Paul2748: thanks for the offers of help.. Yes, just looking for basic Distributor repair, for a bad bushing as far as I know.. A Dwell meter check showed deviations in readings, + a persistent miss, particularly at idle. Don't think I'm well enough equipped to attempt a bushing repair ?. Unless I could find an electrical motor rebuilder or similar that could do a bushing ? Paul, your in N.J.. I'm in Canada on the west coast..so ?  - Paul  

Paul
Ted
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Co-Administrator

Co-Administrator (12.6K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.6K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.6K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.6K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.6K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.6K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.6K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.6K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.6K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: 7 hours ago
silent rick (4/16/2021)
55blacktie (4/16/2021)
do you have a link to it?

http://forums.y-blocksforever.com/FindPost156530.aspx 

Lorena, Texas (South of Waco)

Reading This Topic

Site Meter