Profile Picture

Rebuild 272 HP estimate?

Posted By dennis22 3 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (406 reputation)Supercharged (406 reputation)Supercharged (406 reputation)Supercharged (406 reputation)Supercharged (406 reputation)Supercharged (406 reputation)Supercharged (406 reputation)Supercharged (406 reputation)Supercharged (406 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Today @ 3:26:38 AM
It would not be run hard, but would be somewhat of a daily driver. I had thought of a 56 medium case transmission, but I already have the rebuilt 55 and not the 56. Economics comes into play here, but I don't want to make a mistake now that I will regret later if I can prevent it! If I can find a 56 at a reasonable cost, I might still go that route. Otherwise, it will be mostly stock with maybe disc brakes added. Thanks for your reply.
RB
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (1.3K reputation)Supercharged (1.3K reputation)Supercharged (1.3K reputation)Supercharged (1.3K reputation)Supercharged (1.3K reputation)Supercharged (1.3K reputation)Supercharged (1.3K reputation)Supercharged (1.3K reputation)Supercharged (1.3K reputation)

Last Active: 2 Months Ago
Your 55 trans should be able to handle the torque of the 272 no problem.. Ask all those guys who did reverse to low shifts to get the tires spinning back in the day.. . I probably have a stock 56 that will be removed soon.. Where are u located?
KULTULZ
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (3.4K reputation)Supercharged (3.4K reputation)Supercharged (3.4K reputation)Supercharged (3.4K reputation)Supercharged (3.4K reputation)Supercharged (3.4K reputation)Supercharged (3.4K reputation)Supercharged (3.4K reputation)Supercharged (3.4K reputation)

Last Active: 32 minutes ago
Otherwise, it will be mostly stock with maybe disc brakes added.

Hey, I understand. They used to call me JUNKYARD DOG.

The trouble with the pre-mid 56 trans is it's air cooled. You have to watch the TRANS TEMP, especially if you clean the carb out occasionally. And the TV linkage has to be adjusted correctly, bands adjusted, yada yada yada..

Hope you have good luck with it.

BamaBob
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (406 reputation)Supercharged (406 reputation)Supercharged (406 reputation)Supercharged (406 reputation)Supercharged (406 reputation)Supercharged (406 reputation)Supercharged (406 reputation)Supercharged (406 reputation)Supercharged (406 reputation)

Last Active: Today @ 3:26:38 AM
RB (4/11/2021)
Your 55 trans should be able to handle the torque of the 272 no problem.. Ask all those guys who did reverse to low shifts to get the tires spinning back in the day.. . I probably have a stock 56 that will be removed soon.. Where are u located?

I am located in east central Alabama. Is your 56 transmission a medium case water cooled unit?

Reading This Topic

Site Meter