Profile Picture

312 in a 54 Ranch Wagon

Posted By Richard 4 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (844 reputation)Supercharged (844 reputation)Supercharged (844 reputation)Supercharged (844 reputation)Supercharged (844 reputation)Supercharged (844 reputation)Supercharged (844 reputation)Supercharged (844 reputation)Supercharged (844 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 2 Months Ago
I like the double pumper, no hesitation out of the box.  
55blacktie
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (2.4K reputation)Supercharged (2.4K reputation)Supercharged (2.4K reputation)Supercharged (2.4K reputation)Supercharged (2.4K reputation)Supercharged (2.4K reputation)Supercharged (2.4K reputation)Supercharged (2.4K reputation)Supercharged (2.4K reputation)

Last Active: 5 hours ago
Miker, I have 60s-style Traction Masters (bolt-on), Hotchkis rear sway bar, and Bilstein shocks, but car not back on the road yet. Larry's Thunderbird and Mustang Parts seems to be the exclusive distributor for the T-bird Hotchkis sway bars. I'm glad to hear that I've got the right combination of parts. The Traction Masters were on the car when I inherited it. I'm not sure why, other than they might have been installed to control lateral movement of the rear axle, so that spoke wheel knockoffs would not contact skirts. The bars were originally chrome, but I had them powder coated black, so they would be less obvious. 
55blacktie
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (2.4K reputation)Supercharged (2.4K reputation)Supercharged (2.4K reputation)Supercharged (2.4K reputation)Supercharged (2.4K reputation)Supercharged (2.4K reputation)Supercharged (2.4K reputation)Supercharged (2.4K reputation)Supercharged (2.4K reputation)

That's a lot of cam.
Richard
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (844 reputation)Supercharged (844 reputation)Supercharged (844 reputation)Supercharged (844 reputation)Supercharged (844 reputation)Supercharged (844 reputation)Supercharged (844 reputation)Supercharged (844 reputation)Supercharged (844 reputation)

YAH THINK!
slumlord444
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (2.3K reputation)Supercharged (2.3K reputation)Supercharged (2.3K reputation)Supercharged (2.3K reputation)Supercharged (2.3K reputation)Supercharged (2.3K reputation)Supercharged (2.3K reputation)Supercharged (2.3K reputation)Supercharged (2.3K reputation)

Last Active: 4 days ago
I ran a set of home made Traction Masters on my T Bird back in the late '60's. They worked great. Now running an old original set of Traction Masters that I found at a swap meet several years back. Made up a front bracket that bolts on. They work just a good as the home made set. There are systems out there that are supposed to be better but I'm happy with them. Got a reproduction pair of the one's Shelby used on the GT350 Mustang for my '65 Mustang coupe rat rod. 
55blacktie
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

About a year ago, I ordered replacement bushings from Traction Master. The bushings appeared to be made of polyurethane, not natural rubber (like the originals). 1 of the bushings did not fit, so I reused the best of the 4 originals. I lubricated the new bushings with the lube that came with the Hotchkis sway bars. I did not contact Traction Masters to request a new replacement. 
Richard
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Yah think it’s to much cam? 
PF Arcand
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (5.3K reputation)Supercharged (5.3K reputation)Supercharged (5.3K reputation)Supercharged (5.3K reputation)Supercharged (5.3K reputation)Supercharged (5.3K reputation)Supercharged (5.3K reputation)Supercharged (5.3K reputation)Supercharged (5.3K reputation)

IIRC; that Clay Smith Cam is likely the same Cam that Mummert sold in the past, as a "Saturday Nite Special". Not much short of a race cam, and not suitable for a regular Automatic.  Apparently he has moved away from most of those Cams, I think in favour of grinds by Isky ?..    

Paul
Richard
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Yes I bought it from John. I like the idea of a Saturday Night Special terminology. Overall I have no complaints.  Pulls strong, using,  T85 O/D, plus the engine mods seem to work well together.  Future plans are John’s heads ( When Available) and intake.  Also going for a McCloud Clutch.
Heh John, when you gonna do another run of heads? I’m on the list.

Reading This Topic

Site Meter