Profile Picture

Offy intake saga cont.

Posted By PF Arcand 4 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (5.3K reputation)Supercharged (5.3K reputation)Supercharged (5.3K reputation)Supercharged (5.3K reputation)Supercharged (5.3K reputation)Supercharged (5.3K reputation)Supercharged (5.3K reputation)Supercharged (5.3K reputation)Supercharged (5.3K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 3 Weeks Ago
In JDC's recent collaboration with Ted, to alter and retest an Offy (awful) intake.. Joe mentions a more recent Hot Rod Magazine Y-Block engine build, again involving a Offy intake, that didn't go well.. I wasn't aware of that?  What year & date or issue # was that?  - Thanks  

P.S.- Wow, sorry!  Apparently my memory is worse than I thought!  After reading the follow ups to this question.. I found my comments in the reference material  that Ted posted.. However, the comments were only based on what was posted on this site..  I never found out what Hot Rod issue it was & then apparently forgot about it.    

Paul
Ted
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Co-Administrator

Co-Administrator (12.5K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.5K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.5K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.5K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.5K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.5K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.5K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.5K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.5K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: 2 days ago
The exact month and year of the issue that particular write up was in currently eludes me.  Maybe someone else can help with that.

See if this helps.  Here’s the link to the online version of what was in the magazine.
https://www.hotrod.com/articles/daily-driver-ford-y-block-packs-hidden-fuel-injection-updated-internals/

And here’s the link to one of the discussions that took place at the time it was published.
http://forums.y-blocksforever.com/Topic134537.aspx

Lorena, Texas (South of Waco)

charliemccraney
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)

Group: Moderators
Last Active: 10 hours ago
Probably this one, built by Keith Dorton.  Only 307 hp with loads of work and fancy parts involved.

https://www.hotrod.com/articles/daily-driver-ford-y-block-packs-hidden-fuel-injection-updated-internals/

Lawrenceville, GA
PF Arcand
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (5.3K reputation)Supercharged (5.3K reputation)Supercharged (5.3K reputation)Supercharged (5.3K reputation)Supercharged (5.3K reputation)Supercharged (5.3K reputation)Supercharged (5.3K reputation)Supercharged (5.3K reputation)Supercharged (5.3K reputation)

Charley, thanks, but that page apparently is no longer available...??

Paul
Ted
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Co-Administrator

Co-Administrator (12.5K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.5K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.5K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.5K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.5K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.5K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.5K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.5K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.5K reputation)

Charlie’s link does go to the same article as the link that I posted above.  Charlie’s link did get corrupted at the end of it when pasting it which I have corrected.

I have looked for that particular Hot Rod magazine but it may have been given away to one of the local nursing homes which is where many of the subscription magazines I get end up.  As far as I can figure, that article was originally published in the latter part of 2017.

DryLakesRacer
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (4.0K reputation)Supercharged (4.0K reputation)Supercharged (4.0K reputation)Supercharged (4.0K reputation)Supercharged (4.0K reputation)Supercharged (4.0K reputation)Supercharged (4.0K reputation)Supercharged (4.0K reputation)Supercharged (4.0K reputation)

Last Active: Last Year
Can’t tell you who it was but a guy takes the Buick nailhead Offy and makes it work and it’s configured like the Y-Block. I had one for a while and thought of using a hole saw and drilling 6 holes down into thru the upper chamber to the lower but never did...

56 Vic, B'Ville 200 MPH Club Member, So Cal.
PF Arcand
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Thanks everybody for trying to come up with the correct issue..I'll try my old car buddies & see if maybe one has Hot Rod issues from 2017..

P.S.- Come to think of it..wasn't there a similar build done & published by Legendary Ford Magazine, a few years ago, that also went off the rails somewhat? 

Paul
PF Arcand
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Based on charliemccraneys referal above, I went to Hot Rod's story "A Y-block for the new Millenium."  In faint lettering above the title is "Jeff Hunneycutt writer photograper, Jan 14,2017". So, would that indicate the story was printed in the Jan. 2017 issue of Hot Rod, or shortly after??     Thanks

Paul
Ted
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Co-Administrator

PF Arcand (11/22/2020)
In JDC's recent collaboration with Ted, to alter and retest an Offy (awful) intake.. Joe mentions a more recent Hot Rod Magazine Y-Block engine build, again involving a Offy intake, that didn't go well.. I wasn't aware of that?  What year & date or issue # was that?  - Thanks  

Try the March 2018 issue of Hot Rod Magazine.  While I cannot confirm that this is the issue that infamous Y build is in, there was a reference to that issue and the Y build in 'The Y-Block Magazine'.

Ted
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Co-Administrator

That article was indeed in the March 2018 issue of Hot Rod Magazine and can be found on page 76.  Here’s the cover shot of that particular issue as well as the first page of the article.
http://forums.y-blocksforever.com/uploads/images/598b0b0f-04a7-4302-b5cf-3b05.jpg 

http://forums.y-blocksforever.com/uploads/images/a451a6d5-0ec0-4158-bf76-ee20.jpg  

Reading This Topic

Site Meter