Profile Picture

Pertronix, Duraspark, or CRT Distributor?

Posted By 55blacktie 4 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (80 reputation)Supercharged (80 reputation)Supercharged (80 reputation)Supercharged (80 reputation)Supercharged (80 reputation)Supercharged (80 reputation)Supercharged (80 reputation)Supercharged (80 reputation)Supercharged (80 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Last Year
Daniel Jessup (8/31/2020)
do not leave out the ACCEL 2020 unit. I am not sure why, but most guys who run Y blocks hardly know that it even exists. The pointless ignition kit is for all Ford Distributors from 57-74. I have more about this on my website here: https://www.hotrodreverend.com/post/2018/08/19/1955-ford-part-59-1956-ford-four-door-victoria

I have never had one issue after having installed this kit in quite a few Y block distributors...

I certainly love Ford Four Door hardtops! To me they’re the coolest of all 55-56 Fords. My Meteor certainly gets the looks down here in Texas!

How does that Accel kit compare to the Pertronix ll? I went and did the Blue Thunder/Summit 600/57-64 remain distributor with Pertronix ll and have yet to get it out, it’s been pouring rain for a week now.
I was concerned I had the firing order swapped correctly onto the new cap so instead of actually checking it, we laid hands on it, said a prayer, and cranked it! Sweet success! Sounds healthy out the back end, too.
This weekend should tell us all we need to know v

56 Meteor 4 dr hardtop
56 Meteor 2 dr hardtop
55 Sunliner
53 Lincoln Capri 2 dr hardtop
58 Skyliner

Anna, Tx
55blacktie
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (2.3K reputation)Supercharged (2.3K reputation)Supercharged (2.3K reputation)Supercharged (2.3K reputation)Supercharged (2.3K reputation)Supercharged (2.3K reputation)Supercharged (2.3K reputation)Supercharged (2.3K reputation)Supercharged (2.3K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 3 days ago
I could shelve my 57 distributor, buy a new 59-up replacement distributor, and use an electric tach, but I've read a comparison of four different electric tachs, and they were no more accurate than the mechanical tach. Being that my car is an automatic, maybe I don't need a tach, but it's there, so I want it to work. Again, the consensus is a Pertronix lll will not fit a pre-59 distributor, but Pertronix l and ll will. 

If you have a 57 Tbird tach-drive distributor in which you were able to drop in a Pertronix lll, without modifying/replacing the breaker plate, let us know.

Reading This Topic

Site Meter