Profile Picture

Hello, new Member with a 312 interceptor!

Posted By Turbocraft312 5 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (2.1K reputation)Supercharged (2.1K reputation)Supercharged (2.1K reputation)Supercharged (2.1K reputation)Supercharged (2.1K reputation)Supercharged (2.1K reputation)Supercharged (2.1K reputation)Supercharged (2.1K reputation)Supercharged (2.1K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 3 days ago
get a big plastic garbage can fill with water and molasses,1 part molasses to4 parts water. by the molasses from farm supply . soak for 2 to 4 weeks in a warmish place. also take rockers  and valve covers off. after 4 weeks wash withe clean watter and tear it apart., you will be surprisd on its ability to clean rust. if you cant find large garb. cAN YOU WILL HAVE TO REMOVE HEADS. I DID MYN WITH HEADS AND PAN OFF
Turbocraft312
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Normally aspirated

Normally aspirated (26 reputation)Normally aspirated (26 reputation)Normally aspirated (26 reputation)Normally aspirated (26 reputation)Normally aspirated (26 reputation)Normally aspirated (26 reputation)Normally aspirated (26 reputation)Normally aspirated (26 reputation)Normally aspirated (26 reputation)

Last Active: 5 Years Ago
2721955meteor (10/14/2019)
get a big plastic garbage can fill with water and molasses,1 part molasses to4 parts water. by the molasses from farm supply . soak for 2 to 4 weeks in a warmish place. also take rockers  and valve covers off. after 4 weeks wash withe clean watter and tear it apart., you will be surprisd on its ability to clean rust. if you cant find large garb. cAN YOU WILL HAVE TO REMOVE HEADS. I DID MYN WITH HEADS AND PAN OFF

Thanks! at this point I"m tryingto figure out how to single handedly get it out of the boat with just my tractor bucket. and get it clean enough to put the rest of it away for winter...which is fast approaching here in Vermont!
Bockarelli33
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Hitting on all eight cylinders

Hitting on all eight cylinders (14 reputation)Hitting on all eight cylinders (14 reputation)Hitting on all eight cylinders (14 reputation)Hitting on all eight cylinders (14 reputation)Hitting on all eight cylinders (14 reputation)Hitting on all eight cylinders (14 reputation)Hitting on all eight cylinders (14 reputation)Hitting on all eight cylinders (14 reputation)Hitting on all eight cylinders (14 reputation)

Last Active: 3 Years Ago
Turbocraft.. I have a 312 Interceptor motor for sale. It was from a 24’ Trojan cabin type boat - 1958. It had been rebuilt before I got it. I cannot attest to the quality of the bottom end rebuild but I know the heads are in great condition. The motor spins freely and is complete. All the aluminum parts - intake manifold, coolant fittings are all in good shape. The generator was replaced with an alternator - The mounting brackets are a little rough. The marine exhaust system - Barr Marine - are in great condition. If you get your email to me I will send pictures. Judging from the condition of the motor in the boat I would not think it wise to restore.

Reading This Topic

Site Meter