Profile Picture

1956 Steering box

Posted By DryLakesRacer 5 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (4.0K reputation)Supercharged (4.0K reputation)Supercharged (4.0K reputation)Supercharged (4.0K reputation)Supercharged (4.0K reputation)Supercharged (4.0K reputation)Supercharged (4.0K reputation)Supercharged (4.0K reputation)Supercharged (4.0K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Last Year
Since many auto parts stores carry "name" brand greases and not normally Motorcraft I drove over to my closest Ford dealership and they had the correct grease listed that was suggested here, a little over $10 with tax for the cartridge. I removed the plug and pumped it in until some finally came out from around the end of the pump. It is black/dark gray and don't get any on your skin. The steering was much easier. Thanks all...  

56 Vic, B'Ville 200 MPH Club Member, So Cal.
BamaBob
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (406 reputation)Supercharged (406 reputation)Supercharged (406 reputation)Supercharged (406 reputation)Supercharged (406 reputation)Supercharged (406 reputation)Supercharged (406 reputation)Supercharged (406 reputation)Supercharged (406 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 15 hours ago
My Ford tractor leaked all the 90wt. gear oil out by the left side shaft. I replaced the oil with Lucas Hub Oil two years ago and have not had a leak since. Just something to consider.

Reading This Topic

Site Meter