Profile Picture

distributor

Posted By blocky 5 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)

Group: Moderators
Last Active: Yesterday
Visible advance springs = load-o-matic.  Were the very first mechanical ones the same?

Lawrenceville, GA
2721955meteor
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (2.1K reputation)Supercharged (2.1K reputation)Supercharged (2.1K reputation)Supercharged (2.1K reputation)Supercharged (2.1K reputation)Supercharged (2.1K reputation)Supercharged (2.1K reputation)Supercharged (2.1K reputation)Supercharged (2.1K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 2 days ago
the 1 i thought was early 57 is different than the picture #  12127   on mine, oae  and ohd stamped on body  i think you are corrects the 1 i have is cent advance and a deeper body. the advance has a straight rode like the loadematic. i was incorrect,picture is a loadamativ as vacume unit not adjustable.
mine is adjustable
GREENBIRD56
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (2.3K reputation)Supercharged (2.3K reputation)Supercharged (2.3K reputation)Supercharged (2.3K reputation)Supercharged (2.3K reputation)Supercharged (2.3K reputation)Supercharged (2.3K reputation)Supercharged (2.3K reputation)Supercharged (2.3K reputation)

Last Active: Last Month

The photos show a Load-O-Matic with vacuum advance only. Requires a carb that can supply VENTURI vacuum. Aside from exact restorations, few owners or tuners like them. The dual vacuum pot version that was on my '56 'bird resides in the attic of my garage in an unlabeled box.
I can think of about three versions of the '57+ distributors - the 1957 had a ball bearing point plate to facilitate the vacuum advance (ported vacuum was the OEM source).  The next version was an Autolite with the "kidney" shaped flyweights and a simple slip pivot for the point plate to provide the vacuum advance movement.----- There is also I believe, a Motorcraft version used circa 1962/63/64. it would have the later (up into the 70's) flyweights and springs.

http://forums.y-blocksforever.com/uploads/images/9ea2bf28-00c4-4772-9ac7-d154.jpg 
 Steve Metzger       Tucson, Arizona
Tim Quinn
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (633 reputation)Supercharged (633 reputation)Supercharged (633 reputation)Supercharged (633 reputation)Supercharged (633 reputation)Supercharged (633 reputation)Supercharged (633 reputation)Supercharged (633 reputation)Supercharged (633 reputation)

Last Active: 3 Years Ago
ITEM HAS BEEN SOLD

Reading This Topic

Site Meter