Profile Picture

I need some help. 2 weeks till we race.

Posted By pintoplumber 5 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (1.7K reputation)Supercharged (1.7K reputation)Supercharged (1.7K reputation)Supercharged (1.7K reputation)Supercharged (1.7K reputation)Supercharged (1.7K reputation)Supercharged (1.7K reputation)Supercharged (1.7K reputation)Supercharged (1.7K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 9 hours ago
I’m thinking the outside carbs are coming in around 2500, judging from my foot pressure on the gas peddle. I took the tops of the 3 carbs off this evening. The front and center carbs had these silver colored valve assemblies. The rear carb has a brass needle valve. I have enough to change the front and center to the brass needle valve. I’m hoping that the front carb wasn’t getting fuel. The photo from above shows the front carb is cleaner. Maybe this has been going on for a while. I poked a straight pin in all 6 jets, they were open. I’ll see if I can get it back together tomorrow night.

http://forums.y-blocksforever.com/uploads/images/3047f5ac-add1-4e79-a3ed-14ea.jpg  Dennis in Lititz PA
charliemccraney
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)

Group: Moderators
Last Active: 38 minutes ago
The silver ones must be a modern replacement.

Lawrenceville, GA
Joe-JDC
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (1.8K reputation)Supercharged (1.8K reputation)Supercharged (1.8K reputation)Supercharged (1.8K reputation)Supercharged (1.8K reputation)Supercharged (1.8K reputation)Supercharged (1.8K reputation)Supercharged (1.8K reputation)Supercharged (1.8K reputation)

Last Active: 4 hours ago
Make sure you clean out your accelerator pump nozzles tubes in all three carbs.  They actually stop up with fuel contaminants quicker than the jets, and they will not give you that shot when the throttle blades first start opening, and that will cause the lean mixture.  Joe-JDC 

JDC
pintoplumber
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (1.7K reputation)Supercharged (1.7K reputation)Supercharged (1.7K reputation)Supercharged (1.7K reputation)Supercharged (1.7K reputation)Supercharged (1.7K reputation)Supercharged (1.7K reputation)Supercharged (1.7K reputation)Supercharged (1.7K reputation)

Well, I got her out tonight for the 1st test drive and it isn’t the float needle. I can shut off the fuel to the outside carbs and loosen the linkage and just run on the center carb and see what it revs like on just the center carb.

http://forums.y-blocksforever.com/uploads/images/3047f5ac-add1-4e79-a3ed-14ea.jpg  Dennis in Lititz PA
pintoplumber
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

It does the same thing running on just the center carb.

charliemccraney
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)

Group: Moderators
Last Active: 38 minutes ago
Maybe a bad fuel pump.

Are the other carbs set up as secondaries?  If not, you can swap one of those and see if it is the same.

Lawrenceville, GA
pintoplumber
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

pintoplumber (5/26/2019)
It’s idleing around 450 - 500 right now. I don’t think I’ve got an intake leak. We’re around 2400’ elevation here. There’s a lot of miles on those plugs, I use the truck a lot. It does sit over winter because I don’t run any antifreeze in it. Maybe the outside carbs aren’t giving me fuel. I will recheck the timing, I’m using centrifugal only.

I got to post some pictures from last evening, they’re grainy as it was near dusk. Check out the front door.

We're at the cabin this weekend. A couple of minutes ago, the 3 legged bear was here. The front door wasn't shut tight, and he pushed the screen in and the door opened, we all screamed. I believe we scared him as much as he scared us.

pegleg
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (4.3K reputation)Supercharged (4.3K reputation)Supercharged (4.3K reputation)Supercharged (4.3K reputation)Supercharged (4.3K reputation)Supercharged (4.3K reputation)Supercharged (4.3K reputation)Supercharged (4.3K reputation)Supercharged (4.3K reputation)

Last Active: 2 Years Ago
The mighty white hunters!!  Yeah I would have screamed too!

Frank/Rebop

Bristol, In ( by Elkhart) 

pintoplumber
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Well, I’ve got an update. The last thing we decided out at Harry’s was to change the plug wires. I ordered some new ones from Mac’s. Got them on this weekend. When I looked at the old ones, one on the drivers side was missing the metal thingy that fits on the spark plug. I drove 130 miles yesterday to an AMC show and it ran great.

pegleg
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (4.3K reputation)Supercharged (4.3K reputation)Supercharged (4.3K reputation)Supercharged (4.3K reputation)Supercharged (4.3K reputation)Supercharged (4.3K reputation)Supercharged (4.3K reputation)Supercharged (4.3K reputation)Supercharged (4.3K reputation)

Last Active: 2 Years Ago
So I managed to beat a 7 cylinder 239 in a truck with a 2 bbl? Uh...………….Ok!!

Frank/Rebop

Bristol, In ( by Elkhart) 

Reading This Topic

Site Meter