Profile Picture

Crankshaft

Posted By Cactus 5 Years Ago
Rated 5 stars based on 1 vote.
Author
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (2.1K reputation)Supercharged (2.1K reputation)Supercharged (2.1K reputation)Supercharged (2.1K reputation)Supercharged (2.1K reputation)Supercharged (2.1K reputation)Supercharged (2.1K reputation)Supercharged (2.1K reputation)Supercharged (2.1K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 3 days ago
i hade  my292 leaving oil that i thought the rear seal leaking.turned out it was valley cover,oil ran downriver side and caught on a spark plug wire,then oil pump cover and stuck on clutch cover which led me to the rear seal.,removed the clutch  cover, dry  no leak there. finally figured it out will pull the intake this winter and address the real problem
Florida_Phil
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (2.9K reputation)Supercharged (2.9K reputation)Supercharged (2.9K reputation)Supercharged (2.9K reputation)Supercharged (2.9K reputation)Supercharged (2.9K reputation)Supercharged (2.9K reputation)Supercharged (2.9K reputation)Supercharged (2.9K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Last Year
The rear seal gets blamed for a lot of Y-Block leaks. The seal retainer, value covers, oil pump, pickup tube, front seal and oil pan are the usual culprits.  I had what I thought was an engine oil leak that turned out to be a missing freeze plug in front of my manual transmission. I still have an occasional drop or two, but nothing serious enough to get excited about. 

http://forums.y-blocksforever.com/uploads/images/82ad85c1-6def-4eb4-a085-3dd2.jpg

Reading This Topic

Site Meter