Profile Picture

1956 Ford Victoria At the Detroit Autorama

Posted By DryLakesRacer 5 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (4.0K reputation)Supercharged (4.0K reputation)Supercharged (4.0K reputation)Supercharged (4.0K reputation)Supercharged (4.0K reputation)Supercharged (4.0K reputation)Supercharged (4.0K reputation)Supercharged (4.0K reputation)Supercharged (4.0K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Last Year
Thanks Dearborn, I wish there was no mention of using a Y in the build other than compliments. There is no reason on this site to have badmouthing of any brand and use of chosen engine. When I hear them, as by Wes, I just ignore it as I believe we all should. Even in other print, magazines etc: it shows the ignorance of the writer. Owners know and when asked can share experiences with our engines. Nuf-said.. JD

56 Vic, B'Ville 200 MPH Club Member, So Cal.
rpmgracy@netzero.net
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Hitting on all eight cylinders

Hitting on all eight cylinders (10 reputation)Hitting on all eight cylinders (10 reputation)Hitting on all eight cylinders (10 reputation)Hitting on all eight cylinders (10 reputation)Hitting on all eight cylinders (10 reputation)Hitting on all eight cylinders (10 reputation)Hitting on all eight cylinders (10 reputation)Hitting on all eight cylinders (10 reputation)Hitting on all eight cylinders (10 reputation)

Last Active: 5 Years Ago
more progress
Attachments
106_2949.JPG (295 views, 601.00 KB)
Florida_Phil
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (2.9K reputation)Supercharged (2.9K reputation)Supercharged (2.9K reputation)Supercharged (2.9K reputation)Supercharged (2.9K reputation)Supercharged (2.9K reputation)Supercharged (2.9K reputation)Supercharged (2.9K reputation)Supercharged (2.9K reputation)

Last Active: Last Year
I can't speak for others, but I believe most of us love YBlocks for nostalgia reasons.  These engines were my first experience with Hot Rodding.  Whenever I work on mine, I smile remembering long nights trying to get my 56 Ford running so I could go to work the next day.  I remember dealing with major rear seal oil leaks and clicking rockers.  I also remember installing my first 3/4 race cam, whatever that meant.   Blowing second gear was standard operating procedure back in the day along with Fox Craft floor shifters and Cadillac rear tires.  Belittling other car makes was part of the fun. A good running 301 small block Bow Tie motor with fuelie heads could blow the doors off my 292.  We called them scrubs anyway. 

When the GTO showed up in 1964, the landscape changed.  I still remember a street race where a girl with a new Tripower GTO beat the fastest car in school right in front of the high school parking lot.   Eventually, Ford gave us engines that could compete.  Few GTOs or big block scrubelles could touch my 427 Fairlane or my Cobra jets and I didn't have to insult them to do it.  My 292 is a time capsule.  It takes me back to a simpler time when money was tight and racers ran at midnight.  It's all good.

http://forums.y-blocksforever.com/uploads/images/82ad85c1-6def-4eb4-a085-3dd2.jpg

Dave C
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (250 reputation)Supercharged (250 reputation)Supercharged (250 reputation)Supercharged (250 reputation)Supercharged (250 reputation)Supercharged (250 reputation)Supercharged (250 reputation)Supercharged (250 reputation)Supercharged (250 reputation)

Last Active: 4 Years Ago
Florida_Phil (3/11/2019)
I can't speak for others, but I believe most of us love YBlocks for nostalgia reasons.  These engines were my first experience with Hot Rodding.  Whenever I work on mine, I smile remembering long nights trying to get my 56 Ford running so I could go to work the next day.  I remember dealing with major rear seal oil leaks and clicking rockers.  I also remember installing my first 3/4 race cam, whatever that meant.   Blowing second gear was standard operating procedure back in the day along with Fox Craft floor shifters and Cadillac rear tires.  Belittling other car makes was part of the fun. A good running 301 small block Bow Tie motor with fuelie heads could blow the doors off my 292.  We called them scrubs anyway. 

When the GTO showed up in 1964, the landscape changed.  I still remember a street race where a girl with a new Tripower GTO beat the fastest car in school right in front of the high school parking lot.   Eventually, Ford gave us engines that could compete.  Few GTOs or big block scrubelles could touch my 427 Fairlane or my Cobra jets and I didn't have to insult them to do it.  My 292 is a time capsule.  It takes me back to a simpler time when money was tight and racers ran at midnight.  It's all good.

Dead on with a zero, love it,
Dave

1960fordf350
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (248 reputation)Supercharged (248 reputation)Supercharged (248 reputation)Supercharged (248 reputation)Supercharged (248 reputation)Supercharged (248 reputation)Supercharged (248 reputation)Supercharged (248 reputation)Supercharged (248 reputation)

Last Active: 2 Years Ago
Piston Power Show ends today in Cleveland.   A few Y's were represented,  mostly in Bird's.   http://forums.y-blocksforever.com/uploads/images/0331547d-3239-42db-954d-49bd.jpghttp://forums.y-blocksforever.com/uploads/images/c9cf3d69-ecff-4d35-bf5f-e0a5.jpghttp://forums.y-blocksforever.com/uploads/images/0a1cd66b-eaa8-41e7-b6dd-c05a.jpg

http://forums.y-blocksforever.com/uploads/images/2e6780b3-6e07-4836-8bf9-c3da.jpg

Bobwanna
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (303 reputation)Supercharged (303 reputation)Supercharged (303 reputation)Supercharged (303 reputation)Supercharged (303 reputation)Supercharged (303 reputation)Supercharged (303 reputation)Supercharged (303 reputation)Supercharged (303 reputation)

Last Active: 2 days ago
rpm.. I noticed no response to your progress on your blown Y-Block. Looks great to me. It might be helpful to introduce yourself on this site and let all of us know what you are building. I do not post much. I just try to glean as much info as I can until I can actually work on mine - Cheers - Bob

AKA   Bob-93021
rpmgracy@netzero.net
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Hitting on all eight cylinders

Hitting on all eight cylinders (10 reputation)Hitting on all eight cylinders (10 reputation)Hitting on all eight cylinders (10 reputation)Hitting on all eight cylinders (10 reputation)Hitting on all eight cylinders (10 reputation)Hitting on all eight cylinders (10 reputation)Hitting on all eight cylinders (10 reputation)Hitting on all eight cylinders (10 reputation)Hitting on all eight cylinders (10 reputation)

Last Active: 5 Years Ago
It's actually a friend of mine's - he don't do computers & I barley do - it's a 56 Victoria 2dr h/t

Reading This Topic

Site Meter