Profile Picture

Wanted to buy: Good -G posted heads

Posted By Joe-JDC 5 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (1.8K reputation)Supercharged (1.8K reputation)Supercharged (1.8K reputation)Supercharged (1.8K reputation)Supercharged (1.8K reputation)Supercharged (1.8K reputation)Supercharged (1.8K reputation)Supercharged (1.8K reputation)Supercharged (1.8K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Yesterday
I am looking for another pair of ECZ-G iron heads that are posted.  Prefer stock or very close to stock with no porting, bare would be fine.  Or, a matching pair of 113 unmolested heads.  I have both that are already ported, but have pushrod tubes.  New rules state no pushrod tubes.

zip code 78250
PM:  joe dot d dot craine@gmail dot com
Joe-JDC

JDC
carl
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (2.4K reputation)Supercharged (2.4K reputation)Supercharged (2.4K reputation)Supercharged (2.4K reputation)Supercharged (2.4K reputation)Supercharged (2.4K reputation)Supercharged (2.4K reputation)Supercharged (2.4K reputation)Supercharged (2.4K reputation)

Last Active: 2 days ago
Joe-JDC (1/16/2019)
I am looking for another pair of ECZ-G iron heads that are posted.  Prefer stock or very close to stock with no porting, bare would be fine.  Or, a matching pair of 113 unmolested heads.  I have both that are already ported, but have pushrod tubes.  New rules state no pushrod tubes.

zip code 78250
PM:  joe dot d dot craine@gmail dot com
Joe-JDC
Joe I will e mail you this evening about a set of g heads I have  Carl

KULTULZ
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (3.4K reputation)Supercharged (3.4K reputation)Supercharged (3.4K reputation)Supercharged (3.4K reputation)Supercharged (3.4K reputation)Supercharged (3.4K reputation)Supercharged (3.4K reputation)Supercharged (3.4K reputation)Supercharged (3.4K reputation)

Last Active: 8 days ago
I have both that are already ported, but have pushrod tubes.  New rules state no pushrod tubes.

... hmmpf ...

What type of racing and why tubes?

Ted
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Co-Administrator

Co-Administrator (12.5K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.5K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.5K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.5K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.5K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.5K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.5K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.5K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.5K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: 2 days ago
KULTULZ (1/18/2019)
Joe-JDCI have both that are already ported, but have pushrod tubes.  New rules state no pushrod tubes.
What type of racing and why tubes?

Sounds like this years’ Engine Masters Challenge (EMC).  The ‘Early Iron’ rules for this year specifies no pushrod tubes in the heads.  When porting the intake ports on those heads, getting into the pushrod holes is common thus necessitating the use of installed tubes in the pushrod holes to maximize the intake port sizes.

Joe.  Went through some of the cores yesterday looking for 113’s and saw at least 4 big letter G heads.  Haven’t had a chance yet to determine if they are posted or not but if posted and in good condition, they should be candidates for what you need.  I’ll pull those heads from the stack later today and get a better look at them.  Will let you know.

Lorena, Texas (South of Waco)

KULTULZ
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (3.4K reputation)Supercharged (3.4K reputation)Supercharged (3.4K reputation)Supercharged (3.4K reputation)Supercharged (3.4K reputation)Supercharged (3.4K reputation)Supercharged (3.4K reputation)Supercharged (3.4K reputation)Supercharged (3.4K reputation)

Last Active: 8 days ago
Sounds like this years’ Engine Masters Challenge (EMC).  The ‘Early Iron’ rules for this year specifies no pushrod tubes in the heads.  When porting the intake ports on those heads, getting into the pushrod holes is common thus necessitating the use of installed tubes in the pushrod holes to maximize the intake port sizes.

... hmmpf ...

These guys are getting serious. 312 FYB TUNNEL PORT. Who would have ever guessed?

THANX TED!

franksford
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Normally aspirated

Normally aspirated (26 reputation)Normally aspirated (26 reputation)Normally aspirated (26 reputation)Normally aspirated (26 reputation)Normally aspirated (26 reputation)Normally aspirated (26 reputation)Normally aspirated (26 reputation)Normally aspirated (26 reputation)Normally aspirated (26 reputation)

Last Active: 5 Years Ago
Are you still looking for a set of G heads? I have a set with no valves.  Frank     f_lydell@msn.com
Joe-JDC
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (1.8K reputation)Supercharged (1.8K reputation)Supercharged (1.8K reputation)Supercharged (1.8K reputation)Supercharged (1.8K reputation)Supercharged (1.8K reputation)Supercharged (1.8K reputation)Supercharged (1.8K reputation)Supercharged (1.8K reputation)

e-mail sent.  Hopefully it gets through to you.  Thanks, Joe-JDC

JDC
franksford
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Normally aspirated

Normally aspirated (26 reputation)Normally aspirated (26 reputation)Normally aspirated (26 reputation)Normally aspirated (26 reputation)Normally aspirated (26 reputation)Normally aspirated (26 reputation)Normally aspirated (26 reputation)Normally aspirated (26 reputation)Normally aspirated (26 reputation)

Last Active: 5 Years Ago
no e-mail yet.     f_lydell@msn.com
Joe-JDC
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Sent two e-mails.  Do they have hardened exhaust seats, have they been milled?  Are they a matching pair?   Where are you located, and how much are you asking?  Joe-JDC

JDC
PF Arcand
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (5.3K reputation)Supercharged (5.3K reputation)Supercharged (5.3K reputation)Supercharged (5.3K reputation)Supercharged (5.3K reputation)Supercharged (5.3K reputation)Supercharged (5.3K reputation)Supercharged (5.3K reputation)Supercharged (5.3K reputation)

Last Active: 2 Weeks Ago
Re making the intake ports bigger & installation of pushrod tubes. I realize this is sometimes a result of trying to enlarge the ports to much or done on purpose for the same reasons.. I believe that John Mummert has likely spent more time in the past studying the "Y" ports than anyone that we know of..  If I may loosely refer to his published information from quite some time back. He indicated that making the ports larger on (for instance a G" head) was not necessary or generally desirable.. On a "G" a head, it's the shape of the port at the head bolt that's more important than the size or installation of tubes. If I may quote him. "A Y-block port can flow up to 235cfm without sleeving either the pushrod or headbolt bosses".  He indicated that velocity & shape were more important than size. He makes reference to what he calls "windows" where enlarging the ports will not result in better flow results. And to briefly sum up his article, he stated that the biggest impedence to more power at the time, was lack of effective flowing intake manifolds, hence his later designing of an aftermarket dual plane intake, which has proven very effective...    P.S.- just realized this post probably should be in racing?     

Paul

Reading This Topic

Site Meter