Profile Picture

WCFB Questions

Posted By Florida_Phil 5 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (2.9K reputation)Supercharged (2.9K reputation)Supercharged (2.9K reputation)Supercharged (2.9K reputation)Supercharged (2.9K reputation)Supercharged (2.9K reputation)Supercharged (2.9K reputation)Supercharged (2.9K reputation)Supercharged (2.9K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Last Year
Here is an article I found on the Internet.  It talks about the WCFB vacuum secondary problem you are experiencing. Evidently, this is a known problem.  I am in the researching stage with my dual quad installation and I don't know which direction it will take me.  http://www.thecarburetorshop.com/CarterFourBarrelCarburetors.htm

http://forums.y-blocksforever.com/uploads/images/82ad85c1-6def-4eb4-a085-3dd2.jpg

KULTULZ
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (3.4K reputation)Supercharged (3.4K reputation)Supercharged (3.4K reputation)Supercharged (3.4K reputation)Supercharged (3.4K reputation)Supercharged (3.4K reputation)Supercharged (3.4K reputation)Supercharged (3.4K reputation)Supercharged (3.4K reputation)

Last Active: 2 days ago
This is an EXCELLENT source of info. This 'ol boy knows his stuff (IMO)

The Carter WCFB was identified by a tag, which originally was placed under the drivers’ side rear airhorn-to-body screw. Various sources have attempted to positively identify WCFBs by casting numbers. This may be done in a few rare cases; but generally this is unsuccessful. While the various sources MAY be correct with their casting number tables, generally they are unaware that other carburetors may have used the same blank casting, machined in a different manner. Therefore, if one knows the carburetors identity, one would know what castings would be present; but the reverse is certainly not true. The reader should use any such tables with the proverbial “grain of salt”.

KULTULZ
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (3.4K reputation)Supercharged (3.4K reputation)Supercharged (3.4K reputation)Supercharged (3.4K reputation)Supercharged (3.4K reputation)Supercharged (3.4K reputation)Supercharged (3.4K reputation)Supercharged (3.4K reputation)Supercharged (3.4K reputation)

Phil,

I would contact the vendor you listed above as he is most likely the best source of info on fitting WCFB's on your EDEL.

http://www.thecarburetorshop.com/Multicarbsetups.htm

To me, the 1956 VETTE 8V is the ideal setup as it is fully street-able. But the original setups are very expensive, if you can find them. He should know whether they (or a cheaper clone) can be adapted to a Y-BLOCK easily or not.

The above is IMO and have raised my shields to deter any GM hate attacks. It just makes more sense to me than FORD's H4000 offerings (unless it is a dedicated restoration).

Joe D
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (439 reputation)Supercharged (439 reputation)Supercharged (439 reputation)Supercharged (439 reputation)Supercharged (439 reputation)Supercharged (439 reputation)Supercharged (439 reputation)Supercharged (439 reputation)Supercharged (439 reputation)

Last Active: 2 Years Ago
Kultulz,
Yes that would be great if you could send me, thanks!
Maybe I'll try myself someday.
Stay tuned for the test drive with single carb.

Joe D

Joe D (The Frig)
1960 F-100 - 292 Y-Block
Philly Burbs
DryLakesRacer
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (4.0K reputation)Supercharged (4.0K reputation)Supercharged (4.0K reputation)Supercharged (4.0K reputation)Supercharged (4.0K reputation)Supercharged (4.0K reputation)Supercharged (4.0K reputation)Supercharged (4.0K reputation)Supercharged (4.0K reputation)

Last Active: Last Year
KULTULZ, your right on the costs, I have right at $1K with the 2- 53 Olds WCFB's plus the manifold. The best thing is they are direct bolt on and I used 3/8" phenolic insulators. Mine have the direct mechanical linkage which works fine. Fuel lines are fun and the more I make the better I get. I use coat hangers for templates. Eventho it was a lot of work I'm very happy with the result after 5 years of trouble miles..Good luck.

56 Vic, B'Ville 200 MPH Club Member, So Cal.
KULTULZ
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

JoeD,

I tried to attach the info PM) but this system will not take it. 

If you like, send me (PM) your mailing address and I will mail you the info.

GARY

miker
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (3.9K reputation)Supercharged (3.9K reputation)Supercharged (3.9K reputation)Supercharged (3.9K reputation)Supercharged (3.9K reputation)Supercharged (3.9K reputation)Supercharged (3.9K reputation)Supercharged (3.9K reputation)Supercharged (3.9K reputation)

Last Active: Last Week
Phil, you might try contacting Sal “ scicala”over at the Ford Barn. He’s a carb guy, I know he does the early holleys, he might be another source for carbs or info.

miker
55 bird, 32 cabrio F code
Kent, WA
Tucson, AZ
mjs
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (199 reputation)Supercharged (199 reputation)Supercharged (199 reputation)Supercharged (199 reputation)Supercharged (199 reputation)Supercharged (199 reputation)Supercharged (199 reputation)Supercharged (199 reputation)Supercharged (199 reputation)

Last Active: 3 Months Ago

The 57 MERC 368 and LINC 368 used non-LOM WCFB's also.
Absolutely right.  Those '57 WCFB's do not come up very often.

The carb carb on my 57 Premier:

http://forums.y-blocksforever.com/uploads/images/99b66e63-0f32-4606-b41d-b750.jpg

http://forums.y-blocksforever.com/uploads/images/65349605-8db5-4316-a15f-ccae.jpg

http://forums.y-blocksforever.com/uploads/images/1d5b145a-1c57-4c0d-8bd1-fba5.jpg
KULTULZ
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Converting the LOM HOLLEY 94 to use with a DUAL ADVANCE DIST -

http://www.eatonbalancing.com/tag/239/page/2/

Running a DUAL ADV DIST without the vacuum advance feature will not perform well unless the MECH CURVE has been modified. For a street engine, you want both advance systems (IMO).

Reading This Topic

Site Meter