Profile Picture

members car's pictures

Posted By mrmike 7 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (312 reputation)Supercharged (312 reputation)Supercharged (312 reputation)Supercharged (312 reputation)Supercharged (312 reputation)Supercharged (312 reputation)Supercharged (312 reputation)Supercharged (312 reputation)Supercharged (312 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Yesterday
I sure would like to find one of those chrome 2x4 air cleaner housings, do you know if they show up for sale very often, and what price range they would be?
Rowen
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (1.1K reputation)Supercharged (1.1K reputation)Supercharged (1.1K reputation)Supercharged (1.1K reputation)Supercharged (1.1K reputation)Supercharged (1.1K reputation)Supercharged (1.1K reputation)Supercharged (1.1K reputation)Supercharged (1.1K reputation)

Last Active: 4 Years Ago
As far as I know, no one is repoping them. Last one I saw for sale, couple years ago, was near $1200 bucks as I recall. And unless your using the teapots, I'm not even sure it would work.

Rowen
55CV
Woodland, Ca
Ted
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Co-Administrator

Co-Administrator (12.5K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.5K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.5K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.5K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.5K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.5K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.5K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.5K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.5K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: 5 days ago
Here’s another option for air cleaners for a dual quad setup.  These are available from Spotlite Kustom Accessories.
http://forums.y-blocksforever.com/uploads/images/ecdcdfa4-ed9b-4b0b-95f7-2158.jpg 
http://forums.y-blocksforever.com/uploads/images/77017e7e-14a0-4385-9011-b4b6.jpg 
http://forums.y-blocksforever.com/uploads/images/63c24d2b-6f3f-42b2-b9d4-ce82.jpg 
Here’s their web link.
http://www.spotlitekustomaccessories.com/store/c5/Air_Cleaners.html

Lorena, Texas (South of Waco)

DryLakesRacer
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (4.0K reputation)Supercharged (4.0K reputation)Supercharged (4.0K reputation)Supercharged (4.0K reputation)Supercharged (4.0K reputation)Supercharged (4.0K reputation)Supercharged (4.0K reputation)Supercharged (4.0K reputation)Supercharged (4.0K reputation)

Last Active: Last Year
After 5 years I've decided on a change. Aerostar springs, American Torque Thrusts, and no skirts. All my car buds said I did made a good move.
http://forums.y-blocksforever.com/uploads/images/4c28358b-04d2-4de9-b964-989f.jpg 
Engine photo with out the NASCAR Air Filter.

Sorry can't get the photo right side up even if I flip it on my IPad   {Note: Photo orientation fixed by the moderators}

56 Vic, B'Ville 200 MPH Club Member, So Cal.
paul2748
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (6.5K reputation)Supercharged (6.5K reputation)Supercharged (6.5K reputation)Supercharged (6.5K reputation)Supercharged (6.5K reputation)Supercharged (6.5K reputation)Supercharged (6.5K reputation)Supercharged (6.5K reputation)Supercharged (6.5K reputation)

Last Active: 4 hours ago
Right side uphttp://forums.y-blocksforever.com/uploads/images/45dc2d8f-5557-4393-af47-62d.jpeg

54 Victoria 312;  48 Ford Conv 302, 56 Bird 312
Forever Ford
Midland Park, NJ

mrmike
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (211 reputation)Supercharged (211 reputation)Supercharged (211 reputation)Supercharged (211 reputation)Supercharged (211 reputation)Supercharged (211 reputation)Supercharged (211 reputation)Supercharged (211 reputation)Supercharged (211 reputation)

Last Active: 7 Years Ago
Very, Very Nice !   I see you still have the old bell crank on your engine Do you still use the old linkage? I can't really see that part of it.........
DryLakesRacer
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (4.0K reputation)Supercharged (4.0K reputation)Supercharged (4.0K reputation)Supercharged (4.0K reputation)Supercharged (4.0K reputation)Supercharged (4.0K reputation)Supercharged (4.0K reputation)Supercharged (4.0K reputation)Supercharged (4.0K reputation)

Last Active: Last Year
Mrmike Yes everything is still stock with the linkage with a few mods. It can all go back to stock if I go to a single carb. I could not get the pressure rod to work properly so I added a 1/4" bolt/nut on the slider to make it only move part way. It made the shifting slightly stiffer but will still go into high gear at 20 under light throttle. More throttle it will stay in 2nd longer. I'm not sure if this hurts the trans as I have run it now 3 yrs. I have better linkage photos if you would like to see them.

56 Vic, B'Ville 200 MPH Club Member, So Cal.
mrmike
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (211 reputation)Supercharged (211 reputation)Supercharged (211 reputation)Supercharged (211 reputation)Supercharged (211 reputation)Supercharged (211 reputation)Supercharged (211 reputation)Supercharged (211 reputation)Supercharged (211 reputation)

I wondered about your original linkage with the 2 -4's because I had my 3 deuce set up with my original linkage & never could get it to work right. This past winter I put a Lokar cable setup in my merc & couldn't be happier. I used the old bellcrank "Holder bracket" to mount the end of the Lokar cable unit.  For the pressure lever "kickdown"  I fabricated a bracket with a threaded rod, so I could adjust my shift point.   Got the idea on another site. I just have to drop it into Low for it to shift into second.  I also used a new lokar type gas pedal thru the firewall.
mrmike
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

FordomaticKickdownLinkageOverrideApparatus
The installed apparatus

Once everything was assembled and attached to the transmission, I hooked up a pressure gauge and adjusted the pressure to 85 lbs. per the shop manual. Turning the pair of lock nuts up the threaded rod pulls the lever down, which increases the transmission pressure. Turning them down the rod raises the lever, and lowers the pressure. The lever only needs to be lowered very slightly from its topmost position to produce the factory recommended pressure.

This is the stuff I got from the other site, I made my bracket hooked to the air cooled chute on the tranny.

A Seabee
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Hitting on all eight cylinders

Hitting on all eight cylinders (14 reputation)Hitting on all eight cylinders (14 reputation)Hitting on all eight cylinders (14 reputation)Hitting on all eight cylinders (14 reputation)Hitting on all eight cylinders (14 reputation)Hitting on all eight cylinders (14 reputation)Hitting on all eight cylinders (14 reputation)Hitting on all eight cylinders (14 reputation)Hitting on all eight cylinders (14 reputation)

http://forums.y-blocksforever.com/uploads/images/ef399eb0-5c6e-4b99-9b18-41aa.jpg

Reading This Topic

Site Meter