Profile Picture

'57 T-Bird Probress Report.

Posted By slumlord444 8 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (2.3K reputation)Supercharged (2.3K reputation)Supercharged (2.3K reputation)Supercharged (2.3K reputation)Supercharged (2.3K reputation)Supercharged (2.3K reputation)Supercharged (2.3K reputation)Supercharged (2.3K reputation)Supercharged (2.3K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 4 days ago

Buddy of mine helped me install the engine and transmission in the car today. The engine has only been sitting on the floor completed for over a year. Amazing how much you forget about how things go back together after a lot of time passes. Got it most of the way in and discovered that part of the mounting bracket for the Hurst shifter that I modified to fit had to come off to get it in the car. Went to bolt up the modified transmission mounting bracket and took me a while to figure out that I had narrowed the metal clamp part of the rear mount to fit the toploader and hadn't trimmed the rubber part to match. Plus being flat on my back under the car  is not near as much fun as it used to be. Lots of stuff to put back together and detail as it goes back together. Got the studs for the headers trimmed to the proper length and installed before installing the engine in the car. Hope I can keep at it. Life gets in the way too often.

Reading This Topic

Site Meter