Profile Picture

Moving closer to Columbus, Ohio, but I dread it... How do you guys do it?

Posted By Daniel Jessup 9 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!

Moving closer to Columbus, Ohio, but I dread it... How do you guys do...

Author
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (3.8K reputation)Supercharged (3.8K reputation)Supercharged (3.8K reputation)Supercharged (3.8K reputation)Supercharged (3.8K reputation)Supercharged (3.8K reputation)Supercharged (3.8K reputation)Supercharged (3.8K reputation)Supercharged (3.8K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 7 hours ago
I have not been on the site much lately. To say I have been busy would be an understatement. However, I just got back from a trip out to Milford, Ohio, to interview for a ministry position out there and it looks as if I will be moving from Winchester, Virginia out to Ohio in the summer time.

I DREAD IT - not the work I will be doing, but the MOVE of all things Y block related. How do you guys do it? I know there are a few of you out there that have moved shops larger than mine. Any pointers?

Also, who lives close to Milford? (Cincinnati area)

Daniel Jessup

Lancaster, California

aka "The Hot Rod Reverend" w00t
check out the 1955 Ford Fairlane build at www.hotrodreverend.com

lowrider
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (620 reputation)Supercharged (620 reputation)Supercharged (620 reputation)Supercharged (620 reputation)Supercharged (620 reputation)Supercharged (620 reputation)Supercharged (620 reputation)Supercharged (620 reputation)Supercharged (620 reputation)

Last Active: 8 Months Ago
I moved from Mi. to Az. 3 yrs ago and looking back "it was hell". Rented the largest Uhaul truck & it was sure full when we left. Rented a dumpster at the last minute and it was about half full at the end. Had enough Y stuff loaded to build a complete engine. My biggest problem was I had to ship 2 cars (57 Ford & 79 Ranchero) and 2 Harley's along with towing my daily driver behind the Uhaul. You just have to plan ahead.

Dan      Kingman Az.      86409
MoonShadow
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (7.5K reputation)Supercharged (7.5K reputation)Supercharged (7.5K reputation)Supercharged (7.5K reputation)Supercharged (7.5K reputation)Supercharged (7.5K reputation)Supercharged (7.5K reputation)Supercharged (7.5K reputation)Supercharged (7.5K reputation)

Last Active: 11 hours ago
Check costs on a rental truck and then try looking for an enclosed car trailer. Might find enough there to buy the trailer. Then its just a matter of making a few trips. Virginia to Ohio is not a bad days drive. Good excuse to get that trailer you wanted. Obviously this is an excellent time for that cleanup you've been putting off, if you are anything like the rest of us. Maybe some trips to the local scrap yard to sell the metal parts. Good luck with the move. I am in what is probably my last home and would hate to move. All that stuff collected since I moved back here in 87 would take multiple 24' trucks to haul. I guess I'm a bit of a pack rat.

Y's guys rule!
Looking for McCullouch VS57 brackets and parts. Also looking for 28 Chrysler series 72 parts. And early Hemi parts.

MoonShadow, 292 w/McCulloch, 28 Chrysler Roadster, 354 Hemi)
Manchester, New Hampshire
pegleg
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (4.3K reputation)Supercharged (4.3K reputation)Supercharged (4.3K reputation)Supercharged (4.3K reputation)Supercharged (4.3K reputation)Supercharged (4.3K reputation)Supercharged (4.3K reputation)Supercharged (4.3K reputation)Supercharged (4.3K reputation)

Last Active: 2 Years Ago
Dan, Bob Martin and Harry. John Feistritzer is 80-100 miles away in Indiana, I'm about 200 away in Northern In. You'll love the SNOW!!

Frank/Rebop

Bristol, In ( by Elkhart) 

hjh
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (350 reputation)Supercharged (350 reputation)Supercharged (350 reputation)Supercharged (350 reputation)Supercharged (350 reputation)Supercharged (350 reputation)Supercharged (350 reputation)Supercharged (350 reputation)Supercharged (350 reputation)

Last Active: 3 Months Ago
Dan     Bob Martin lives in Milford. My self ,Harry Hutten am located about 35 miles west not too far from Ind. Several drag strips within 30 to 40 minutes to try out your Y-Block stuff,if the snow ever melts.    ,Harry
Bob Gardner
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (316 reputation)Supercharged (316 reputation)Supercharged (316 reputation)Supercharged (316 reputation)Supercharged (316 reputation)Supercharged (316 reputation)Supercharged (316 reputation)Supercharged (316 reputation)Supercharged (316 reputation)

Last Active: 3 Years Ago
I am facing a similar kind of move in that I have to move my 5 car garage/shop to the East coast from San Jose.  Moving the cars is easy...Intercity.  The best solution I found for moving the rest of the garage was to arrange for one of those PODS "drop off and pickup" containers.  Load all the tools and stuff into the container.  The company comes and picks it up, transports it to your new location, and stores it until you are ready to have your container dropped off in your new driveway.  You have to do the loading and unloading.   

Daniel Jessup
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (3.8K reputation)Supercharged (3.8K reputation)Supercharged (3.8K reputation)Supercharged (3.8K reputation)Supercharged (3.8K reputation)Supercharged (3.8K reputation)Supercharged (3.8K reputation)Supercharged (3.8K reputation)Supercharged (3.8K reputation)

pegleg (2/27/2015)
Dan, Bob Martin and Harry. John Feistritzer is 80-100 miles away in Indiana, I'm about 200 away in Northern In. You'll love the SNOW!!

hjh (3/2/2015)
Dan     Bob Martin lives in Milford. My self ,Harry Hutten am located about 35 miles west not too far from Ind. Several drag strips within 30 to 40 minutes to try out your Y-Block stuff,if the snow ever melts.    ,Harry

Great! I did not know or remember that you lived that close. I will have to look you guys up later on this summer.

As an FYI - this move became official today. I contacted the church and let them know that I accepted the position. I will be moving in late June, most probably the last full week of that month.

Daniel Jessup

Lancaster, California

yalincoln
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (573 reputation)Supercharged (573 reputation)Supercharged (573 reputation)Supercharged (573 reputation)Supercharged (573 reputation)Supercharged (573 reputation)Supercharged (573 reputation)Supercharged (573 reputation)Supercharged (573 reputation)

Last Active: Last Year
welcome to ohio Danial, there's rick martin in hamilton also. i live 60 mi. north of columbus!

lincoln/merc. y-blocks &mel's                                                               bucyrus, ohio.
Daniel Jessup
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Wow - looks like I will be graduating on up to "Y Block Heaven" out there. The closest guys to me out here are Jerry out in Front Royal, Cactus in Bowie, and Dennis up in PA.
Hopefully I can get up to Columbus in September. My whole "job description" is changing dramatically and I will of course be a whole lot closer. I foresee that at the very least I can be up there all day Saturday! Don't know if my FIL's 55 will be ready yet though.

Daniel Jessup

Lancaster, California

Reading This Topic

Site Meter