Profile Picture

Cams for a 312?

Posted By MissVanDeVille 10 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Turbocharged

Turbocharged (58 reputation)Turbocharged (58 reputation)Turbocharged (58 reputation)Turbocharged (58 reputation)Turbocharged (58 reputation)Turbocharged (58 reputation)Turbocharged (58 reputation)Turbocharged (58 reputation)Turbocharged (58 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 10 Years Ago
@Supercharged Thank you so much for the all the info, I know when it comes to stroke and all of that it does get complicated. I definitely need to read more about it. I do appreciate all the info cause I had none of that. and it does definitely help thank you!

@Y Block Billy, Definitely will get a better rear end when I get the motor done and after driving it for a while, but I don't know about Greg Dietrich, LMAO, He might not like that I am a girl.

@Supercharged Thanks, My car will prob be a kruzer not a drag, street, performance type vehicle I don't have the coin to supe her up like that, plus all the modification that goes along with the cam shaft and etc. I know I currently have a voodoo cam in my 223 and I need to find out more about that brand which I know they go by Lunati?

@Ted - Thanks Teddy

@grlbird - Thanks always gotta love a sound clip...

Y block Billy
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (2.4K reputation)Supercharged (2.4K reputation)Supercharged (2.4K reputation)Supercharged (2.4K reputation)Supercharged (2.4K reputation)Supercharged (2.4K reputation)Supercharged (2.4K reputation)Supercharged (2.4K reputation)Supercharged (2.4K reputation)

Last Active: 6 Years Ago
He may not but the rest of us Y Blockers would love seeing him taken out by a girl, since the rest of us can't do it! LOL.
As far as Cams go, definately talk to John and Ted to point you in the right direction for your driving habits, style, performance etc. they can point you in nthe right direction. I have seen too many people just buy something out of the box that was not right for their application. Also I talked to Holman Moody last year and they said they still had their old cam grinder around from back in the day when they ran Y's and if you talk to him about your application he could grind you one for your liking. However, although they can still do it I don't know anybody who has used one of their cams yet!

55 Vicky & customline

58 Rack Dump, 55 F350 yard truck, 57 F100

59 & 61 P 400's, 58 F100 custom cab, 69 F100, 79 F150, 82 F600 ramp truck, 90 mustang conv 7 up, 94 Mustang, Should I continue?

thundercat
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (356 reputation)Supercharged (356 reputation)Supercharged (356 reputation)Supercharged (356 reputation)Supercharged (356 reputation)Supercharged (356 reputation)Supercharged (356 reputation)Supercharged (356 reputation)Supercharged (356 reputation)

I just recently finished the engine change in my car. Its a 312 .060 [322 in]   I have the Thumpr cam   .  specs are Duration @.050  231 intake & 245 exhaust   on 107 deg separation ..    Sounds really good !!  But I only have about 100 miles on it so performance  is still not determined as im still tuning carbs & working on trans..  Car only weighs 2300#   will try to post picture..  regards Steve Mcd

Mars , Pennsylvania

thundercat
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (356 reputation)Supercharged (356 reputation)Supercharged (356 reputation)Supercharged (356 reputation)Supercharged (356 reputation)Supercharged (356 reputation)Supercharged (356 reputation)Supercharged (356 reputation)Supercharged (356 reputation)

pics of my latest engine

Mars , Pennsylvania

Attachments
DSCN1100.JPG (460 views, 617.00 KB)
NoShortcuts
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (3.0K reputation)Supercharged (3.0K reputation)Supercharged (3.0K reputation)Supercharged (3.0K reputation)Supercharged (3.0K reputation)Supercharged (3.0K reputation)Supercharged (3.0K reputation)Supercharged (3.0K reputation)Supercharged (3.0K reputation)

Last Active: Last Year
Very Nice!  Thank for sharing.  My inspiration for the day!  Smile 

NoShortcuts
a.k.a. Charlie Brown
near Syracuse, New York
MissVanDeVille
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Turbocharged

Turbocharged (58 reputation)Turbocharged (58 reputation)Turbocharged (58 reputation)Turbocharged (58 reputation)Turbocharged (58 reputation)Turbocharged (58 reputation)Turbocharged (58 reputation)Turbocharged (58 reputation)Turbocharged (58 reputation)

Thanks guys!
MissVanDeVille
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Turbocharged

HOLY FUCKING SHIT THUNDERCAT! IT"S BEAUTIFUL! I AM IN AWE OVER IT! I am gonna try and find some used tru ram exhausts...
Rono
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (2.5K reputation)Supercharged (2.5K reputation)Supercharged (2.5K reputation)Supercharged (2.5K reputation)Supercharged (2.5K reputation)Supercharged (2.5K reputation)Supercharged (2.5K reputation)Supercharged (2.5K reputation)Supercharged (2.5K reputation)

Last Active: Last Month
Thundercat;
Very clean set-up. Kudos to you!! Are those modified Scrub headers welded to a Y Block exhaust flange? Someone said a while back that you only need to spread the two center exhaust tubes a bit to make them work on a Y. Still thinking about options for my 37 Coupe.
Rono

http://forums.y-blocksforever.com/uploads/images/4a19e870-e870-4f63-a0a4-db5b.jpg  Ron Lane,  Meridian, ID

thundercat
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

I bought a set of unwelded "scrub" headers & set of Y block 3/8" flanges..  Had to add 3/4" to center of 4 outside tubes and add a curve to bottom of each to turn in..  Grind the flanges to turn sharply down  on center 4 pipes...  took more time than you would expect...    I don't know if you noticed I also added a third engine mount bolt as the mount was cantilevered way ahead to gain clearance for pipes..  Flat spotted block and made spacers .. I wanted tucked way in to clear my louvered hood...  Engine is low to be able to install the 4-71 blower setup ive been working on. its ready except snout..Ill be trying it on my engine that's on the runup stand too work out bugs first ..   BUT I have many other clearance problems to deal with for install...   THANKS 4 compliments.  .Regards Steve McD

Mars , Pennsylvania

Rono
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (2.5K reputation)Supercharged (2.5K reputation)Supercharged (2.5K reputation)Supercharged (2.5K reputation)Supercharged (2.5K reputation)Supercharged (2.5K reputation)Supercharged (2.5K reputation)Supercharged (2.5K reputation)Supercharged (2.5K reputation)

Last Active: Last Month
Thanks for the response Steve. Sounds like a substantial amount of work and that's if you are a good fabricator!
Rono

http://forums.y-blocksforever.com/uploads/images/4a19e870-e870-4f63-a0a4-db5b.jpg  Ron Lane,  Meridian, ID

Reading This Topic

Site Meter