Profile Picture

Carpet, seat installation

Posted By MplsMike 10 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (541 reputation)Supercharged (541 reputation)Supercharged (541 reputation)Supercharged (541 reputation)Supercharged (541 reputation)Supercharged (541 reputation)Supercharged (541 reputation)Supercharged (541 reputation)Supercharged (541 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Last Week
Hi,

I am about to install carpet and put the seats back in my '56 Parklane. I bought a pre fitted carpet from SMS. I don't think the car had carpet before.

Any tricks or tips for a smooth installation? Do the seats mount through the carpet, or will I be cutting the carpet away from the mounting pads? I'm not even sure if the bolts would be long enough to go through the carpet. Thanks for any advice.

Mike

MplsMike
'56 Parklane
Minneapolis, MN
paul2748
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (6.6K reputation)Supercharged (6.6K reputation)Supercharged (6.6K reputation)Supercharged (6.6K reputation)Supercharged (6.6K reputation)Supercharged (6.6K reputation)Supercharged (6.6K reputation)Supercharged (6.6K reputation)Supercharged (6.6K reputation)

Last Active: Yesterday
It's been my experience that the seat went on top of the carpet.  I can't say for sure on your car.

54 Victoria 312;  48 Ford Conv 302, 56 Bird 312
Forever Ford
Midland Park, NJ

Lou
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (1.2K reputation)Supercharged (1.2K reputation)Supercharged (1.2K reputation)Supercharged (1.2K reputation)Supercharged (1.2K reputation)Supercharged (1.2K reputation)Supercharged (1.2K reputation)Supercharged (1.2K reputation)Supercharged (1.2K reputation)

Last Active: 5 days ago
Parklane's had carpet from the factory, and seat was bolted in on top of carpet.

Reading This Topic

Site Meter