Profile Picture

Looking for 3/4" shaft waterpumps

Posted By Ted 10 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Co-Administrator

Co-Administrator (12.8K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.8K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.8K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.8K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.8K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.8K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.8K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.8K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.8K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: Yesterday

Can anyone point me to a source for rebuilt water pumps with the ¾” shaft or the rebuild kits for the same ¾”shaft Y-Block water pumps?  I’ve plenty of cores here if I had the kits to rebuild them but I’ll settle for rebuilt pumps if I can get them at a reasonable cost.

Lorena, Texas (South of Waco)

marvh
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (615 reputation)Supercharged (615 reputation)Supercharged (615 reputation)Supercharged (615 reputation)Supercharged (615 reputation)Supercharged (615 reputation)Supercharged (615 reputation)Supercharged (615 reputation)Supercharged (615 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Last Month
Ted:

Here is a company that does wp's for the older equipment like tractors etc.Maybe they have kits or a source of kits if you were to give them the casting number.

Teros292
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (150 reputation)Supercharged (150 reputation)Supercharged (150 reputation)Supercharged (150 reputation)Supercharged (150 reputation)Supercharged (150 reputation)Supercharged (150 reputation)Supercharged (150 reputation)Supercharged (150 reputation)

Last Active: 2 Years Ago
Dennis Carpenter has rebuild kits for truck water pump http://dennis-carpenter.com/water-pump-repair-kit/p/B6C-8591-A/

Tero from Nurmijarvi, Finland
56 Country Sedan, 61 F-100, 61 F-600, 55 F-620, 52 Mercury

Y block Billy
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (2.4K reputation)Supercharged (2.4K reputation)Supercharged (2.4K reputation)Supercharged (2.4K reputation)Supercharged (2.4K reputation)Supercharged (2.4K reputation)Supercharged (2.4K reputation)Supercharged (2.4K reputation)Supercharged (2.4K reputation)

Last Active: 6 Years Ago
Hi Ted,
I also have many cores and aso searched for pump rebuild kits and they are not easy to come by, Found many close and got a few car ones but they did not have the truck ones. While in China i did a search and I think there were options there but I did not get around to ordering kits. They sell the bearings with shafts at various lengths and then you cut the shafts to your desired length. The seal is the hard part to find and the kits I have found and received for cars do not come with the little brass sleave that is on the shaft under the seal so those will need to be saved. If I remember correctly through the chinese sources I would have to buy 100 kits minimum.

I just bought a bunch of bushing material to do distributors as well.

55 Vicky & customline

58 Rack Dump, 55 F350 yard truck, 57 F100

59 & 61 P 400's, 58 F100 custom cab, 69 F100, 79 F150, 82 F600 ramp truck, 90 mustang conv 7 up, 94 Mustang, Should I continue?

NoShortcuts
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (3.0K reputation)Supercharged (3.0K reputation)Supercharged (3.0K reputation)Supercharged (3.0K reputation)Supercharged (3.0K reputation)Supercharged (3.0K reputation)Supercharged (3.0K reputation)Supercharged (3.0K reputation)Supercharged (3.0K reputation)

Last Active: Last Year
Advertisers in May issue of Hemmings Motor News:

Automotive Friction, Damascus, OR - www.autofriction.com - phone 800-545-9088 - 'rebuild service; built to O.E.M. specs; quality components, any needed fabrication done in on-site machine shop; warranty; competitive prices'

Arthur Gould Rebuilders, Kings Park, NY - www.arthurgouldrebuilders.com - phone 631-269-0093 - 'rebuilding and sales 1900-1990, fast service, 1 year warranty' - Gould sells rebuild kits, the last I knew...

Vintage Machine Works, Spokane, WA - www.ramengine.com - phone Jack @ 509-999-2199 - '50 years experience; new bearings, seals, new shafts made; antique, obsolete, automobiles, trucks, tractors; lifetime warranty on most pumps'

O&G Water Pump Co., Lubbock, TX - ogwaterpump@yahoo.com - phone 800-365-1981 - 'remanufacturers with 51 years experience; 2 years, 24,000 mile warranty; best craftsmanship'  -Mention their ad on page 173 of the May 2014 issue of Hemmings Motor News and receive a discount on your rebuild...

Water pumps: parts, exchange, restorations; 'our capabilities set us apart; world-wide service'; AZ - kelloggautomotive.com - phone 877-499-2011

Hope this helps.  Smile

NoShortcuts
a.k.a. Charlie Brown
near Syracuse, New York
paul2748
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (6.6K reputation)Supercharged (6.6K reputation)Supercharged (6.6K reputation)Supercharged (6.6K reputation)Supercharged (6.6K reputation)Supercharged (6.6K reputation)Supercharged (6.6K reputation)Supercharged (6.6K reputation)Supercharged (6.6K reputation)

Joblot in NY??

54 Victoria 312;  48 Ford Conv 302, 56 Bird 312
Forever Ford
Midland Park, NJ

awhtx
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Normally aspirated

Normally aspirated (40 reputation)Normally aspirated (40 reputation)Normally aspirated (40 reputation)Normally aspirated (40 reputation)Normally aspirated (40 reputation)Normally aspirated (40 reputation)Normally aspirated (40 reputation)Normally aspirated (40 reputation)Normally aspirated (40 reputation)

Last Active: 8 Years Ago
Ted,

The water pump snout (where the fan spacer goes) on my '58 F600 with 292 is larger diameter than a standard water pump but I'm not sure if it's 3/4" and I'm not at home to measure it. I got a rebuilt water pump at O'reilly's for it that had the same diameter snout as the leaking pump.

Alan in Lampasas
Ted
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Co-Administrator

Co-Administrator (12.8K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.8K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.8K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.8K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.8K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.8K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.8K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.8K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.8K reputation)

Group: Administrators
awhtx (4/3/2014)
Ted,
The water pump snout (where the fan spacer goes) on my '58 F600 with 292 is larger diameter than a standard water pump but I'm not sure if it's 3/4" and I'm not at home to measure it. I got a rebuilt water pump at O'reilly's for it that had the same diameter snout as the leaking pump.

Alan in Lampasas

I've tried the local parts stores in my area (O'Reilly, Advance, Auto Zone, A-Line to name a few) and all have the 5/8" shaft pumps available but only Advance said they could take one of my 3/4" drive w/p cores and send it off to get it rebuilt.  In the meantime, it looks like Carpenter's has the 3/4" drive snout water pump repair kits at $15 each so I ordered four.  Shipping for the rebuild kits wasn't bad at $10 for all four.  If these are indeed the correct rebuild kits, then I'm good to go.  Thanks to all for your replies and potential leads.  Ted.

Lorena, Texas (South of Waco)

Reading This Topic

Site Meter