Y block 312 1957 engine for sale with power steering!

http://forums.y-blocksforever.com/Topic71557.aspx
Print Topic | Close Window

By Phantom '58 - 12 Years Ago
ECZ 1957 312 out of a Thunderbird for sale, im keepin air cleaner and finned valve covers but does include powersteering pump complete with brackets and bolts, 4 barrel Holley, gen,intake 9425-b, complete g heads, complete short block make offer will deliver in long beach-los angeles-orange for a dollar a mile round trip county beyond that no shipping! Will not freight. First come first serve. offers over $600 will be considered serious. Will part it out but will charge $40 hr labor and market cost per item. These engines are rare and gold to hot rodders. I personally want to keep it but Im in the middle of another build at the moment and would rather make extra cash to finish it. Otherwise I assume keeping it. email me at mesohemi@gmail.com
I torn the entire engine apart and am piecing out. Here goes

ECZ Crank -$250

ECZ rods -80

ECZ bare block with main caps $180(next to no ridge)

ECZ-G heads $200 (appears to have been rebuilt)

ECZ intake manifold $100

Holley 450 cfm carb -$100

.030 pistons $100

Let me know mesohemi@gmail.com
By Nighthawk756 - 12 Years Ago
Can you send pics of the crank and intake to flashbang756@windstream.net ??

Thanks! Wink

Brad ive read your posts, I also have a 312 crank milled down to fit a 292 block! Meaning that its a stroker crank made to fit your 292! It will need a polish but its up for grabs, might sell it for $400 obo. Also have the ecz rods

mesohemi@gmail.com
Just to be clear, the block is .030 over. Has barley a ridge , my fingernail does not snag on the wall of the cylinders. Also have .030 pistons with ECZ Rods
By gritsngumbo - 12 Years Ago
So, is shipping now available? It wasn't on the complete engine.
To be fair here, I have never shipped anything this big and heavy before so. If I did go through with this the buyer would pay for all shipping and handling. Meaning that you the new owner will be charged extra for me to buy all the lumber to crate and then have it shipped through a freight company to you. all the small items can be shipped seprate seeing that its all torn apart 100 percent. I'll work with you all the way. I do however have 3 guys looking into the parts this weekend so please email me and let me know how we could work together.

mesohemi@gmail.com
Thanks for the info. I was pondering the 312/292 crank if Nighthawk756 didn't buy it and you do want to sell it. I've never shipped anything that heavy either, and upon thinking about it the shipping cost would most likely be prohibitive. I'm guessing maybe 70-80 lbs.
To be honest id rather sell local. Monroe LA is 20 min from my house

I can be over this weekend
Phantom '58 (5/23/2012)

Really? Wonder why I thought you were on the West Coast? Maybe this?

Phantom '58 (5/21/2012)
will deliver in long beach-los angeles-orange for a dollar a mile round trip

Let me see what kind of cash I can come up with and we'll talk further.
Okay guys as of tonight the heads and intake are sold.
By DryLakesRacer - 12 Years Ago
Just a little confused since I live in Orange County Ca. I'm on my way to Navarre Fla. in late June and could easily stop by Monroe on the way home with my pick up after the 7th of July. Would be interested in everthing included in a long block. External stuff not to important. If you want to make a deal like this  PM me and I'm sure we can work it out......Thanks
By JoeBob - 12 Years Ago
Phantom '58 (5/23/2012)

Phantom '58 (5/21/2012)
will deliver in long beach-los angeles-orange for a dollar a mile round trip

Hello, I'm interested in your engine or parts if you have not made a deal with any of the other guys. Don't want to horn in on anyone else.

But I'm a little confused. Where exactly are you located? I'm in Southern California.
JOEBOB: Jump in as far as I'm concerned. I'm done trying. Maybe you will have better luck than I have.

I'll find what I need elsewhere. Can't be sure who I'm talking to, and most importantly, where they are located.
By Oldmics - 12 Years Ago
I went after the block.

Its vaporware as far as I am concerned Hehe

Oldmics

By JoeBob - 12 Years Ago
Thanks guys, I'm going shopping somewhere else. Not into "vaporware".
By idaho211 - 12 Years Ago
Just to let you know there is a 312 out of Denver. The name is John. He is selling parts for his dad who owned a wrecking business. I bought 2 312's from him and he shipped both on a palate. They were short blocks. good man to do business with. Find him by look up Craigslist Denver auto parts 312. He is located in Snyder. Last I heard he had many 292's and 1 312 left. I am rebuilding the 312 I bought from him. Good luck.
Sorry guys im working 2 jobs and have not checked out the responses. I live near Long Beach Ca. I have block, cam, crank,rods,pistons,holley carb. Please contact me direct on my email It goes straight to my phone. pick up always welcome. Block was ovened and super clean. Im open after 5pm and weekends
Hey Idaho post your own listing to sell your engines, I believe its rude to step on me to sell or advertise someone elses. I dont appreciate it. I have never spoke to you so why did you say it vaporised?
By idaho211 - 12 Years Ago
Phantom,

I am not selling anything. The guys said they were going somewhere else to look so I suggested other places to look.

Regarding the term vaporware look more carefully who said it.
By pato - 12 Years Ago
well,hope this is the right place to ask-am looking for a fuel pump for a 239-and need the double acting one!-please let me know what's avail.-pat - patpounden@yahoo.com
By Ted - 12 Years Ago
pato (6/11/2012)
well,hope this is the right place to ask-am looking for a fuel pump for a 239-and need the double acting one!-please let me know what's avail.-pat - patpounden@yahoo.com
Pat.  Welcome to the site.  You’ll need to repost your question or inquiry as a new post.  It’s not likely to get very much response being attached to an older and unrelated post.
Anybody else want to advertise on my post? Pat did just like idaho . Guys click on classifieds and start there. Its just that easy! Thx
By jerrypiani - 7 Years Ago
I'm looking for a 312 Y short block for my 1957 Ford Thunderbird. Please contact me at jerrypiani@aol.com I'm in Southern California area.
By Ted - 7 Years Ago
Jerry.  Welcome to the site.  You’ll want to repost your ‘Want To Buy’ as a new post rather than hi-jack or attach your needs to an older post.  Starting a new post in the Classifieds section will garner more interest and/or viewers.  At this point, it’s not likely to get very much activity being attached to a five year old post.