Oil pump leaks

http://forums.y-blocksforever.com/Topic43926.aspx
Print Topic | Close Window

By PF Arcand - 14 Years Ago
Recently installed pump leaks, mostly from the cover plate. Opened it up, the O ring looks o.k. but thought to replace it. However, it appears not to be a regular one, but a flat sided O ring. Am I correct? I'm presuming it's not recommended to use sealer on the plate perimeter, so are these O rings available? I have part #s for the pump attachment gasket & pickup tube to pump seal, but not for the O ring. Any help appreciated, thanks- Paul
By aussiebill - 14 Years Ago
PF Arcand (5/11/2010)
Recently installed pump leaks, mostly from the cover plate. Opened it up, the O ring looks o.k. but thought to replace it. However, it appears not to be a regular one, but a flat sided O ring. Am I correct? I'm presuming it's not recommended to use sealer on the plate perimeter, so are these O rings available? I have part #s for the pump attachment gasket & pickup tube to pump seal, but not for the O ring. Any help appreciated, thanks- Paul

Paul, generally that o ring is left over in many engine rebuild gasket sets as most pumps are gear rotor type, i have lots of them, surely someone there may have one in old kit? just a thought!

By rick55 - 14 Years Ago
The oil pump seal Part Number:6619A is available from Tee Bird Products for $1.20.

Regards

By oldcarmark - 14 Years Ago
Paul! Sent you a PM.Did you get it?
Mark: I sent you an e mail from the site, but it is apparently in a que?? Not sure what's happening with that? I will check back later. Thanks
By oldcarmark - 14 Years Ago
Paul-Try me direct .ima56fordguy@hotmail.com
By Ted - 14 Years Ago
Melling #K-56 for the rebuild kit for a gerotor oil pump.  These are still readily available.  The gerotor pumps use an 'o' ring while the spur gear pumps use a gasket.  The spur gear oil pumps are still available as a complette new unit.
Old Car Mark: Sorry for the delay contacting you. Have tried your e address twice. It comes back undeliverable. ??- Paul
Ted: thanks for the pump kit #. I'll check into it. - Paul
By aussiebill - 14 Years Ago
PF Arcand (5/14/2010)
Old Car Mark: Sorry for the delay contacting you. Have tried your e address twice. It comes back undeliverable. ??- Paul

paul, i have noticed this problem a lot, the message box i think only holds 20 messages and gets full easy, i hadnt noticed mine had 20, but once cleaned out appears to be ok? just  thought. regards bill.