FE fuel Pump

http://forums.y-blocksforever.com/Topic146638.aspx
Print Topic | Close Window

By yknot - 5 Years Ago
Which FE fuel pump will fit a 57 292. I did a quick search. I just couldn't find it.

By 59FE258Y - 5 Years Ago
Rockauto has the same fuel pumps listed for a 1957 Fairlane 292 and a 1958 Fairlane 352 FE.
By MoonShadow - 5 Years Ago
The early FE's are the same pump. I ran a 427 high performance pump on my Y for years.
By yknot - 5 Years Ago
Thanks guys. It was stuck in my head that it had to be a specific pump.
By oldcarmark - 5 Years Ago
Any of the early 60's 352 390 427 Pumps fit. Rock Auto sells One with the Filter in the Canister on the Pump. Carter M4008. I have used that One before. Remember the Arm goes below the Camshaft not on top of it. .
By Rono - 5 Years Ago
Edelbrock Performer #1724 fuel pump for FE motors.
By paul2748 - 5 Years Ago
IS this correct?  It seems to me that the arm goes under the eccentric.  Have I been doing it wrong all these years?

oldcarmark (7/9/2019)
Any of the early 60's 352 390 427 Pumps fit. Rock Auto sells One with the Filter in the Canister on the Pump. Carter M4008. I have used that One before. Remember the Arm goes on TOP of the Camshaft not below it..

By Rono - 5 Years Ago
Paul; What do you mean? Fuel pump arm has to go under the eccentric. 

Rono (7/9/2019)
Paul; What do you mean? Fuel pump arm has to go under the eccentric. 

Thanks Paul and Rono. I just realized my Error. Sorry. Should be under the camshaft  not on Top. Brain Freeze!!
By PF Arcand - 5 Years Ago
A side note on the F.E. pumps. The main difference from the y-pump is that it doesn't have the vacuum booster for '57 & prior original wipers..
P.S.- Old car mark, you can edit your post & correct it if you want..
PF Arcand (7/10/2019)
A side note on the F.E. pumps. The main difference from the y-pump is that it doesn't have the vacuum booster for '57 & prior original wipers..
P.S.- Old car mark, you can edit your post & correct it if you want..

Done! Thanks Paul.