292 y block in cassville, mo

http://forums.y-blocksforever.com/Topic144979.aspx
Print Topic | Close Window

By RayCarter18 - 5 Years Ago
In case anyone needed a 292 possible 312 y- block I found an old fire engine f800 the engine is a C1TE block which I guess is a 292 but it had the 4bbl intake on it. The engine is complete and will rotate from the fan by hand. Well it was complete before I took the ram horn and the 4 bbl intake and carbefator and adapter off of it for a steal at $120. Sorry guys. Anyways they told me I could take the whole engine for $300 if I pulled it. I would get it for myself for parts and a spare if I had the room but I don’t. So I am throwing it out there in case someone lives in the area and is beading parts. It is at Payless salvage yard in cassville,mo hoping maybe I can help someone out.
By KULTULZ - 5 Years Ago
"Well it was complete before I took the ram horn and the 4 bbl intake and carbefator and adapter off of it..."

I wonder if you could do me a big favor?

Is it possible to post the CASTING I.D.NOS and CASTING DATE CODE found on the 4V intake?

I would appreciate it immensely.
The casting code was C1TE -9426-C I think it’s a 6 it could be a 5. And than there is a G below that.
By KULTULZ - 5 Years Ago
"The casting code was C1TE -9426-C I think it’s a 6 it could be a 5. And than there is a G below that."

THANK YOU! for the get-back ...

C1TE-9425-C ... Wink

EDIT -

Could the G be an F encircled by a C?

Did you notice a DATE CODE (usually three or four characters)?

That’s the only picture I have right now. As I am at work.
By darrell - 5 Years Ago
when you said f800 i had a bad feeling.thats a 332 truck intake.more or less worthless
Than why does the casting show C1TE I thought that was a 292 that’s the same as my 63 f100. Is there any way to tell what they are by the #. Also what about the rams horn. Are they the same size?
By charliemccraney - 5 Years Ago
Since you have removed the intake, are the ports stacked or side by side? 
By darrell - 5 Years Ago
i shouldnt have said worthless someone with a lincoln my want it since it takes a holley
They are side by side.
By charliemccraney - 5 Years Ago
Then it is not a Ford Y Block.  Probably a Lincoln.  While the overall appearance is similar, just  about everything is different and will not work with a Ford.  Someone building a Lincoln may still want it or parts from it, though so it is a good find.
Well shoot. I thought I had scored a good find on the ram horn manifolds too.
By Ted - 5 Years Ago
As a FYI, the LYB ram horns exhaust manifolds do not fit the Ford Y.  But regardless, there’s a market for those LYB pieces.  Here’s a couple of pictures of the 4V manifold for the 302/332 LYB engines.  Those engines were normal fare in the fire trucks.
http://forums.y-blocksforever.com/uploads/images/600b653a-4229-4b54-bf15-bca2.jpg 

http://forums.y-blocksforever.com/uploads/images/5c1e4246-2027-4681-88f6-ca64.jpg