Y Block Nationals 2019

http://forums.y-blocksforever.com/Topic144527.aspx
Print Topic | Close Window

By charliemccraney - 5 Years Ago
In issue 148 of YBM, the dates were indicated to be May 31 - June 2.  Pinks All Out bought that Saturday, so the Nationals is the weekend after, which is June 7-9.

I noticed the discrepancy on the Edgewater website and confirmed with Bob.
By hjh - 5 Years Ago
The 2019 Y-block Shoot Out is June 7,8,9 with format I guess like last year with details worked out as they go. Bob called me last week and said they hadn`t changed the scuedal yet. Test & Tune Fri. Racing on Sat and racing on Sunday.   I believe Bob was going to E-mail every one                     Harry Hutten
He said he is going to e-mail everyone he can.  YBM should be updated, too but it may be too late by the time the issue with the update gets out.
By Carefree Charlie - 5 Years Ago
Any suggestions for a hotel/motel in the area. My first time attending and am not at all familiar with the area. Thanks.
Charlie Schulz
Harrison,Oh is the best location.  There is a Super 8, Best Western, and Holiday Inn Express.  Many of us stayed at  the Super 8 last year.  It was ok, a typical lower end Motel.
By Carefree Charlie - 5 Years Ago
Thanks. Great help.
By MoonShadow - 5 Years Ago
Anybody looking at the weather for next weekend in Cincinnati? 80% chance of thunderstorms on Saturday and Sunday is what I'm seeing. What are the local odds that they are wrong? Long drive from New Hampshire for a rainout.
I've been wondering about that, too.  Friday and Saturday look a little better than they did a couple days ago.  I see 20, 60 and 80 percents right now.

Has it ever been a total rain out?  I know at least one day has been a few times.
By pegleg - 5 Years Ago
Hard to trust weather reports in this area, this time of year. They're looking at a system that's 500 or so miles away from Cinci. 
By Daniel Jessup - 5 Years Ago
Alas, but I will be in Georgia this weekend. I hate to miss this event, it is right in my backyard since I live about 3 miles off of I275. Have a good time fellas, maybe next year. 

the weather here can be very unpredictable...
The forecast is looking a lot better today.
By hjh - 5 Years Ago
Weather  for Y-Block  The Wed.  5 & 6 pm local weather has rain out of Friday and small change of spot showers Sat. Sunday better chance, but decreasing every forecast . The closer it gets toward the week end the less rain in the forecast. ,which sounds good because the Cincinnati weather forecasters compete with each other as to who has the worst forecast ,to make life miserable . Last week we were forecasted to get rain all weekend & didn`t get a drop.    Harry     20 miles from the track
By MoonShadow - 5 Years Ago
I hope the weather is beautiful and you guys have a great weekend. The way I figured it is if I went it would rain buckets but if I stayed home It would be beautiful. Hopefully its my gift to all you guys.

By Hoosier Hurricane - 5 Years Ago
Moonshadow, thanks for the good wishes.  Friday time trials was a zoo with so many locals running.  Sat we dodged some light showers and got the races in.  Today the track cancelled the show.
By pintoplumber - 5 Years Ago
Here’s some pictures.
By pegleg - 5 Years Ago
Thanks Dennis, take it you made it home ok.

Yeah, only 11 1/2 hours going back. 2.559 for gas in Parkersburg WV. I like the big 42 gallon tank in the suburban.
By Daniel Jessup - 5 Years Ago
Thanks for the pics Dennis, still on my way back from Georgia today. Do you know if anyone took any video at all?
Yeah, Charlie Brown did. He might be able to post when he gets home. Got to meet him.
By Larry Short - 5 Years Ago
How about Vic, In time trials he ran in the tracks stick class. Cut a .000 light and took out a Brand X car. I think I heard the X driver mumbling something about those Dam Y-Block guys ! Larry Short 
Here are pics from Dave, the track photographer.

https://hyperperformance.smugmug.com/Cars/Drag-Racing/UMTR/UMTR-at-Edgewater-June-8th-2019/?fbclid=IwAR0bBZsznvrwDuQU0qRzFgIv8jqIWrbqEvRhXayaMjLHRb7xKHB9g5ObVFM